Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Our fuzzballs - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Our fuzzballs

Default Re: Our fuzzballs

Quote Originally Posted by Neesy View Post
    My older cat barfs occasionally and it seems like he usually does it on the rug so maybe the food you mention will help eliminate that problem.
    Nothing eliminates the problem. I've tried everything. Cats are just icky little vommiters. But we love them!

Quote Originally Posted by Neesy View Post
    Thanks for the tip on the cat food. My older cat barfs occasionally and it seems like he usually does it on the rug so maybe the food you mention will help eliminate that problem. I will try to post pics of my two Siamese but sometimes it comes up as saying the pictures are too big and I am unsure how to resize them smaller. I think the biggest allowed here is 1042 x 1042. Can you help with that (since you are very computer savvy)?
    I can try. If you have Windows, then you have the program Paint. I would open the files in Paint and then resize them there (how you do it is dependent on what version of Windows you have, but all versions of Paint can resize), and then don't do Save, but instead do Save As and pick a name that makes sense to you. So if the original file is Siamese1.jpg, for example, you can choose something like Siamese1-small.jpg. Then upload the new smaller file.

OR you can set up an account at a photo sharing service like Flickr (www.flickr.com) and then get the link and share it here.

They have a hairball version, and I buy it, but I'm not sure how much good it does. Whitey is the world's worst furballer. BUT he has long, thick fur, and he cleans himself all the time, so I guess expecting him not to leave me little presents would be unrealistic.

Elouise is an axolotl, which is a salamander, which is an amphibian. She will stay in the larval stage her entire life, so she will always be aquatic and never have a land form. It's kind of like if a frog always stayed a tadpole.

Boys have obvious testicles.

Percival is definitely a Siamese mix (Snowshoe is just a half Siamese, half domestic shorthair). It probably has a lot to do with his insanity.

If you are willing to spend a little bit more (don't get me wrong, if your cat tolerates corn Authority it is a really good, reasonably priced food) Blue Buffalo is a really good food to try. My boys are on their grain free Freedom formula and are crazy soft. My old lady cat Piper (who I had to euthanize a year ago) did really really well on Blue Buffalo. She was corn intolerant and had a sensitive tummy, and never threw up on Blue. The Blue Buffalo Multi-cat formula is probably a good starting place. (It is more modest in fat and protein while having more fiber to help those hairballs pass more easily.)

Quote Originally Posted by atomicinchworm View Post
    Elouise is an axolotl, which is a salamander, which is an amphibian. She will stay in the larval stage her entire life, so she will always be aquatic and never have a land form. It's kind of like if a frog always stayed a tadpole.

Boys have obvious testicles.

Percival is definitely a Siamese mix (Snowshoe is just a half Siamese, half domestic shorthair). It probably has a lot to do with his insanity.

If you are willing to spend a little bit more (don't get me wrong, if your cat tolerates corn Authority it is a really good, reasonably priced food) Blue Buffalo is a really good food to try. My boys are on their grain free Freedom formula and are crazy soft. My old lady cat Piper (who I had to euthanize a year ago) did really really well on Blue Buffalo. She was corn intolerant and had a sensitive tummy, and never threw up on Blue. The Blue Buffalo Multi-cat formula is probably a good starting place. (It is more modest in fat and protein while having more fiber to help those hairballs pass more easily.)
    I think I'm more scared of Eloise now.....

I personally have tried Blue Buffalo to no avail, though my kitties did like it. They are now on a grain-free, chicken-free diet. They still throw up.

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    Ace was our first cat as a newly married couple. We took him because my husband's uncle had just discovered he was allergic, so they decided to cut down (but not eliminate ) the number of cats they had. Originally they had rescued him as a kitten from a recreation area (I believe he was actually ON a rock in the lake), but he was five when we got him. After a while we realized he couldn't tolerate being alone--if he thought no one else was in the house he would sit in the middle of the biggest room and yowl/cry pathetically, and also he was over-grooming himself--so the next few cats we got were really for him, not for us. That's right: we got our pet his own pets. After that it just sorta snowballed.
    You are not the only one that got a pet for your pet. The one that came home from the shelter where my daughter works, is now pals with our Mr Snuggles and I am not sure is she thinks the guinea pig is food or a poor kitty(?) trapped in one of the cages like at the shelter.

Here's pics of my two babies, hope they will come thru. The black/white one I picked up from Paws. They had named her Babe, but I changed it to Little One as she was (and still is) a tiny thing. Out of all the cats that they had at the pound, once we looked each other in the eyes, I knew she was the one for me! She is the most gentle cat I've ever had. I think she's obsessed with me, tho, as she follows me with her eyes where ever I go and if I leave the room she will sit with her ears perked up and listen to what I am doing (so I've been told by people who have seen it). The orange one's name is Tara but I call her Pretty Girl. I got her from my Godchildren. They had her for about a year before they realized that their dog, who they had for a couple of years before Tara, was allergic to the cat and they decided to give her to me. She's been a bundle of joy. She's the one I had to take in for emergency surgery a couple of years back. Almost lost her. Since then she has had a personality change (of sorts) and is much more affectionate towards me. Before, it was more like- well, if I want you to pet em or hold me, I'll let you without too much fuss. Now, it's more like- yeah, ok, hold me now, let me lay in your lap, touch me. Don't know what I'd do without either one.Attachment 16513Attachment 16514

So ... I need to see some fuzzy pictures, people.
    ...Oh, you SO had to know that was open season for me!...

...now that THAT'S out of my system....nothin' right at hand on the crew...but three pooches Bailey(half-shih-tzu and half cocker), Ziva(poodle/yorkie(porkie?) and Sissy(all miniature Yorkie-and I'm her favorite!-go figure)...and one posessed cat named Sasha(or Salsa, as my grandbaby calls her)....

Here are my two kitties, Jinx is the black one and Felix is the other.

Attachment 16517

Here is our Dusty.

Attachment 16518

I don't have any pictures of Harry, the escaping snake, but he is growing! Just shed for the 3rd time on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    I can try. If you have Windows, then you have the program Paint. I would open the files in Paint and then resize them there (how you do it is dependent on what version of Windows you have, but all versions of Paint can resize), and then don't do Save, but instead do Save As and pick a name that makes sense to you. So if the original file is Siamese1.jpg, for example, you can choose something like Siamese1-small.jpg. Then upload the new smaller file.

OR you can set up an account at a photo sharing service like Flickr (www.flickr.com) and then get the link and share it here.
    Okay - hey I finally went into the Groups and joined the group about technical questions!
    Meanwhile, using Paint I made my younger cat Bailey 50% smaller so maybe this will work now
    (Ooops - did not work) Anyway I found a picture online that is very much like Bailey so here it is:

Of course MY cat is much cuter (naturally)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast