This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Our fuzzballs

Default Re: Our fuzzballs

Abby -- Nibbler
    Sunni

xxooanni (should be 1993-2010)

My old lady kitty used to love being shaved; she was a persian/ maine coon mix. She wouldn't let me brush her, and she sucked at grooming herself (she was really arthritic the last two years of her life). She did just fine with the trimmers and definitely loved getting petted after being shaved.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    I'm glad you said that. My little Stella gets really bad allergies and scratches herself constantly, causing huge, really gross scabs. We thought about shaving her but thought she'd had it. I am now rethinking this.
    If you do the shaving yourself, the best thing to do is make sure you have the quietest trimmers you can find, then just lay them on the floor next to your kitty so they can get used to the smell/sound of them. Don't attempt to just 'go for it'! Unless they seem like they're fine with it. I know if I had used the first trimmer I had, my cat would've freaked big-time because they were really loud. Good luck! I hope it all goes well. Oh, my cat only let me trim her for a couple of minutes at a time, then she would get nervous. She looked like she had been in a war at first, but once she was all trimmed she was happy!

I love pugs so much. I'm not really a small dog person (greyhounds and bullies are favorites), but if I ever get a small dog it will be a pug or pug mix.

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    If you do the shaving yourself, the best thing to do is make sure you have the quietest trimmers you can find, then just lay them on the floor next to your kitty so they can get used to the smell/sound of them. Don't attempt to just 'go for it'! Unless they seem like they're fine with it. I know if I had used the first trimmer I had, my cat would've freaked big-time because they were really loud. Good luck! I hope it all goes well. Oh, my cat only let me trim her for a couple of minutes at a time, then she would get nervous. She looked like she had been in a war at first, but once she was all trimmed she was happy!
    Um, no. I will definitely be paying someone. I wish I had the pictures here of what happened when I gave her a bath. I almost lost an eye. Thank god I had glasses on. I looked like Carrie - and that is not an exageration.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    Um, no. I will definitely be paying someone. I wish I had the pictures here of what happened when I gave her a bath. I almost lost an eye. Thank god I had glasses on. I looked like Carrie - and that is not an exageration.
    Kinda like this?:Attachment 16525

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    Kinda like this?:Attachment 16525
    Pretty much! But with brown hair and many, many more tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Anni M View Post
    Abby -- Nibbler
    Sunni

xxooanni (should be 1993-2010)
    Oh my God! I love your dog Sunni! I chose a pug dog as my avatar or whatever it's called because I just love them! Is it a male or a female?

Quote Originally Posted by atomicinchworm View Post
    My old lady kitty used to love being shaved; she was a persian/ maine coon mix. She wouldn't let me brush her, and she sucked at grooming herself (she was really arthritic the last two years of her life). She did just fine with the trimmers and definitely loved getting petted after being shaved.
    I am sorry - are we discussing shaving pussies now? What would Mrs. Slocum say?

They are all so beautiful.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345