Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Connections, Connections! - Page 4

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Connections, Connections!

Default Re: Connections, Connections!

Quote Originally Posted by roland123 View Post
    is this thread still alive? i have some coincidences you guys might be interested to hear
    Too late. Just kidding. What the hell are they?

Quote Originally Posted by homer_sapien View Post
    I don't actively search for connection between books (DT related or not) when I'm reading a book, but I do notice some stuff if its obvious like the "Christine" style Plymouth Fury in 11/22/63. The more in depth links I don't always notice though.

The links are actually part of how I found this forum. I recently finished adding the books from "The Dresden Files" on my nook and after I finished reading through them I decided to start adding some SK stuff. I found the forum while looking for a site where I could check the connections in a book before I added it to the nook and read it. Particularly for the books I'd originally read long before I started the Gunslinger.
    Welcome, homer sapien! Love the username! Keep posting!

...Homer Sapien...

I've been using the name for over 10 years. I didn't even see that for the first time until a few years later. I even used it as my desktop wallpaper for a while.

December saw me prowling antique malls in middle Tennessee and northern Alabama for interesting Christmas presents.
    One of the places I went into was a one-room affair. I can't remember the locale name, so we'll go with Booniesburg for now.

Among the displays of maple syrup, fishing lures, and assorted Authentic Maine Paraphernalia was a large sign that read "Ask me about my connection with Stephen King!"
    So I did.
    - His response was that he'd gone to the gubernatorial inauguration party for Angus King, back when he won the election in Maine in 1995. Apparently you-know-who was present as well. And the store owner, a native of Maine who transplanted himself to Sticksville, TN because he loved the area so much, was very proud that he'd had an evening's worth of conversation with The Man.

Connections, connections. I'd never have guessed a Maine-iac would have *chosen* to move to the rural South, let alone one who was as proud of his contact with The Man as anyone here who's met him in person. He was THRILLED to share the memory with me. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Sawyer View Post
    I'd never have guessed a Maine-iac would have *chosen* to move to the rural South
    Winters here will do that. In addition to the FL snow birds, the past few years there I've noticed a trend with people in this area moving to North Carolina to live year-round.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Winters here will do that. In addition to the FL snow birds, the past few years there I've noticed a trend with people in this area moving to North Carolina to live year-round.
    Just how bad ARE the winters?
    With snow that high in Maine it must make the huntin' rather easy (that is if you want to shoot Bambi's Mom) hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Well, I make some great iced tea.......just sayin'.......you know, in case you or Uncle Steve decide to move in next door or something ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Neesy View Post
    Just how bad ARE the winters?
    With snow that high in Maine it must make the huntin' rather easy (that is if you want to shoot Bambi's Mom) hehehe
    This hasn't been that bad of a year with snow but we've had a couple of these cold snaps. Was minus 5 (20 below with the windchill) this morning when I got to work and still hasn't reach zero yet. What I find to be the worst part about our winters is that they are so long. The cold weather begins in October and warm spring temps don't really happen until mid-May most years. It is not common, but also not unusual to have snow storms in April with significant accumulation. The snow doesn't stick around for long and will melt off in a few days but it can have quite an effect on moods. After years, or a lifetime of that, it just gets to be too much to put up with anymore.

Fortunately for the deer, hunting season ends in November--usually before the deep snow hits. My partner has been putting out food for the deer this year. We've had 5 in the yard at a time and there may be others that are coming as we don't have a good way of telling them apart especially now that the bucks don't have antlers. Hopefully he won't be regretting that this summer when we plant our garden.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast