This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Post your holiday decorations!

Default Re: Post your holiday decorations!

I've only got what my hubby did the other night:

Attachment 16507

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    I've only got what my hubby did the other night:

Attachment 16507
    I love this! I used to beg my dad to put lights up outside but he wasn't into it, so now we roam the streets at night and look at what others have done. It's fun! I would so have loved this if they'd put it up on our door. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Sawyer View Post
    I love this! I used to beg my dad to put lights up outside but he wasn't into it, so now we roam the streets at night and look at what others have done. It's fun! I would so have loved this if they'd put it up on our door. :-)
    He did it all by himself to make me happy too!

Does anyone feel like they've seen more decorations this year? The last few years my husband and I kept getting dissapointed because of the lack of decorations but this year we both feel like we've seen more. I LOVE it!

Aw, c'mon, you guys! Post something!

Here's another goody: Lance, our Bird Man, with his Christmas balls. I'm just waiting for someone to pick that up and run with it.

He's a life-size piece of art my mother welded when I was 10. He lived in our back yard and was allowed to rust for some three-dimensional atmosphere, and then moved back indoors to shock and scandalize anyone who walks in the front door.

He receives Christmas balls every year in an effort to include him in the festivities, because he gets displaced by the Christmas tree. He skulks under the staircase from the beginning of December until the tree is taken down.

Attachment 16506
    My Mom made a little 5 foot tall Mexican fella out of wire, old clothes, some boots, a coconut for his noggin and a straw hat one year. I think it was for Halloween. She named him Pedro. Dad didn't do anything much more than smile. But your Bird Man? My father wouldn't have known whether to be jealous or have him arrested for public exposure! LOLs! Very clever! I'd have to say the shock value far exceeds the giggle factor for Bird Man.

Aw, c'mon, you guys! Post something!

Here's another goody: Lance, our Bird Man, with his Christmas balls. I'm just waiting for someone to pick that up and run with it.

He's a life-size piece of art my mother welded when I was 10. He lived in our back yard and was allowed to rust for some three-dimensional atmosphere, and then moved back indoors to shock and scandalize anyone who walks in the front door.

He receives Christmas balls every year in an effort to include him in the festivities, because he gets displaced by the Christmas tree. He skulks under the staircase from the beginning of December until the tree is taken down.

Attachment 16506
    Do you live in a museum?

Freemansburg PA, sort of near Philadelphia

This was inspired by Jake's progress on decorating his Christmas tree.

Do you have holiday decorations up, out, around, hanging, lurking, or eating a sandwich over in a corner?
    Post a picture of them, whether they're indoors or out! Kwanzaa, Hannukah, Christmas, Samhain, Advent, St. Lucia's Day, Diwali - it's all good.
    I'll start:

This is the 12' fake tree that my mom and I decorated. It's in the atrium. Yes, there's a mural painted on the atrium's walls. Yes, we use the upper part of the staircase to get ornaments and lights on the top-most reaches of the tree....and when the staircase doesn't cut it, standing on the third rung up on a ladder usually does the trick.

I haven't made any photographs of it at night, but I'll give it a shot later on and post something if it turns out.

Attachment 16499
    Christmas is such an event for us that when my Dad remodeled his house he built a two-story sun room so that we can put in a huge tree. We don't put it up until a couple days before Christmas, though, so you'll have to wait for pictures. I'm a bit of a Who when it comes to Christmas ... it's my favorite!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by carrie's younger brother View Post
    Do you live in a museum?
    *LOL* Well, some might say I do. My mother is an artist and she and my dad have a little collection of interesting art all over the house. Some is contemporary, some is American Impressionism, some is Asian, some is mid-century European, and some is Appalachian folk art. But the short answer to your question is "no" - the house isn't a museum. (And no, my mother didn't paint the mural in the atrium. That was commissioned by the previous owners before my parents moved in, and they felt it needed to stay. It was done by a locally famous artist.)

...Lily my girl-I am stunned, captivated and fascinated by the sheer beauty of "your digs"....

...and, you should know better than to throw down THAT particular gauntlet...

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...Lily my girl-I am stunned, captivated and fascinated by the sheer beauty of "your digs"....
    That's sweet of you to say. Sundrop was in my former digs in L.A., which were much more humble than where my parents live. I think she'd agree that the best way to describe my place would have been "early American immigrant". *snort* It absolutely infuriated my mother that I didn't have a proper dresser or a larger place, but my mother wasn't living in Expensive California and trying to afford it on her own. I had to decide between plane tickets to see them or furniture most of the time.

But I do appreciate how I grew up and where I am now. My parents are generous and have taught me a lot. And I dig decorating for Christmas in their house!

The tree is spectacular! As far as the Bird Man...I'm speechless!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast