Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Afterlife? - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Afterlife?

Default Re: Afterlife?

Has anyone watched this yet? I really enjoyed it. Thanks, Marsha and UMass!

And the little kid who said, "I'm talking to Stephen King." SO cute. I felt the same way, kid.

Very cool, a return to

Hemingford NE,and the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory
    ..enjoyable stuff!

Did this make anybody else think of the end of a certain novel I don't want to name for fear of inadvertently spoiling someone on something?

I think so.
    "One pixel can change everything."

Quote Originally Posted by bryantburnette View Post
    Did this make anybody else think of the end of a certain novel I don't want to name for fear of inadvertently spoiling someone on something?
    Can you please spoil it for me? I have no idea what novel you all are talking about. (But I sure loved listening and watching SK read Afterlife!)

Nothing beats Stephen King reading his own works. Great story brought to full life by his reading. Have to love the tech that exists today that allows us to see moments like this. Fully recommend his reading of Bag of Bones. My favorite audiobook. Also, if you can find it, his reading of The Gunslinger.

Quote Originally Posted by moonbeam66 View Post
    Can you please spoil it for me? I have no idea what novel you all are talking about. (But I sure loved listening and watching SK read Afterlife!)
    Sorry for the late reply! I was referring to Book VII of "The Dark Tower."

I was actually at the event. What a great experience! I'm so glad that Umass Lowell decided to share their video with the rest of the world (I talked to one of the staff members about the camera guys, and he said the footage was primarily for the Umass television network, internal only). I'm actually a Umass student... but the wrong Umass! (Umass Amherst) I really, really wish I could have been at the class Stephen was teaching. Boo hoo.

As for the story, I really enjoyed it. Thematically, it was in line with a number of King's work, yet unique enough to hold it's own. Hearing King read a story- in person, was wonderful. The closest thing to this I've experienced is the first few Dark Tower novels that King read. I wish I still had those. :-(

It may already have been asked but... The story being so brilliant, i was wondering if there will be a standalone printed version?
    I believe that even a small print-run with the benefits going to the UMass if needed, would be a great edition :-)

I like it a lot. Very much like DT. Now to make it through the rest of the videos!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast