Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Will there be more Mid World novels? - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will there be more Mid World novels?

Default Re: Will there be more Mid World novels?

Quote Originally Posted by Vose View Post
    Also, if he only wrote Dark Tower books it wouldn't be as exciting when you come across a hint of Roland's world in the other books. While I do long for more stories of Gilead and the White and such, I'm comforted knowing that the Tower is at the center of all things, not just the DT books. All things do serve the beam, after all, and we all say thankya.
    Yar.

I think it'd be neat to have Joe do a midweek yarn. Joe Hill, I mean. Someone to carry the mantle, do ya.

Im going out on a limb here... The Long Walk takes place in Mid World during end-times for the Old People. I felt that as I read it believe it or not. Only Mid World during the times of the Old People would be screwed up, dystopian, and crazy enough to host such an event. Who would subject kids to such a horrible event as The Long Walk? I dunno.. the same type people who would screw with the beams!!!!

Plus, Peter McVries was a Long Walk contestant. We also see his name in TWTTKH. Long lost descendant, IMO. And the dark man at the end of The Long Walk? Flagg..

Quote Originally Posted by muskrat View Post
    I think it'd be neat to have Joe do a midweek yarn. Joe Hill, I mean. Someone to carry the mantle, do ya.
    If he doesnt I will! I have a great novella centered around Nort the Grass chewer in my mind!

Please,Uncle Steve, if it doya, can we have another tale about the village of Tree and the wee throckets.

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...in a way, I think King would have had a wildly popular career-with JUST the World of the DT...
    ...in a way, I've thought that is exactly what he has been doing...Lynch-pins and whatnot

As long as Steve always leaves the secret window opened, I'm happy.

I want Uncle Steve to write whatever he wants to write. I hope, though, that eventually he wants to write five or six more Dark Tower novels.

Of course. It is also directly implied there will at least be a followup to the TWTTKH... as it states

Tim meets Merlyn again years later, but would be saved for a later story.

Also remember, and I recommend not reading this if you have not yet finished the dark tower series....

That Robert Browning's story "Chile Roland To The Dark Tower Came" ended with the main character blowing his horn before entering the Tower, and as Gan gives Roland the Horn of Eld to blow upon his next visit in Stephen Kings finale (since he lost it during the saga we read), it likely implies the next time Roland reaches the tower he will have completed the story, and will have better outcome for him when he faces Gan for (hopefully) the final time. With that notion, I don't think we've seen the end of Tim or Roland.

There will be more books if Gan wills it.......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast