This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will there be more Mid World novels?

Default Re: Will there be more Mid World novels?

Quote Originally Posted by unclelouie View Post
    If he doesnt I will! I have a great novella centered around Nort the Grass chewer in my mind!
    Nort turns into The Lawnmower Man (the story Steve wrote, not the movie version), right?

Quote Originally Posted by beavermatic View Post
    Of course. It is also directly implied there will at least be a followup to the TWTTKH... as it states

Tim meets Merlyn again years later, but would be saved for a later story.

Also remember, and I recommend not reading this if you have not yet finished the dark tower series....

That Robert Browning's story "Chile Roland To The Dark Tower Came" ended with the main character blowing his horn before entering the Tower, and as Gan gives Roland the Horn of Eld to blow upon his next visit in Stephen Kings finale (since he lost it during the saga we read), it likely implies the next time Roland reaches the tower he will have completed the story, and will have better outcome for him when he faces Gan for (hopefully) the final time. With that notion, I don't think we've seen the end of Tim or Roland.
    Let's hope and keep our fingers crossed. I could never get tired of reading about Roland, and I think Tim could end up being a solid character too, as he grows into a man.

personally i hope there are more Dark Tower books. I am not sure I want to read more about Roland being a young gunslinger. It's so hard for me to imagine Roland being young!
    I enjoyed the graphical novels, to be sure, but honestly.... I want to read maybe about, more of the adventures we didn't get to read about the first time around? Or maybe history like, the old people who built the machines, and.... well, lots of things.
    it's a whole universe that you can lose yourself in.

Quote Originally Posted by charlotte98 View Post
    personally i hope there are more Dark Tower books. I am not sure I want to read more about Roland being a young gunslinger. It's so hard for me to imagine Roland being young!
    I enjoyed the graphical novels, to be sure, but honestly.... I want to read maybe about, more of the adventures we didn't get to read about the first time around? Or maybe history like, the old people who built the machines, and.... well, lots of things.
    it's a whole universe that you can lose yourself in.
    Yeah, we dont really need any more Roland backstory. You know he doesn't die. You know how his story ends. So it's pointless to tell more Roland prequels. Now... an Arthur Eld or early Gilead story.... that would work for me!

There's still plenty about Roland that we don't know; personally, I hope Mr. King gets around to telling us one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by bryantburnette View Post
    There's still plenty about Roland that we don't know; personally, I hope Mr. King gets around to telling us one of these days.
    Have you read Little Sisters of Eularia, the short story in Everythings Eventual? If not, I would suggest it. It takes place between Wizard and Glass and The Gunslinger. It's about 90 something pages of nothing but Roland!

Quote Originally Posted by unclelouie View Post
    Have you read Little Sisters of Eularia, the short story in Everythings Eventual? If not, I would suggest it. It takes place between Wizard and Glass and The Gunslinger. It's about 90 something pages of nothing but Roland!
    Here's a sample post from a blog I write:

http://thetruthinsidethelie.blogspot...rder_2128.html

Yep, I've definitely read "Little Sisters of Eluria"!

For anyone who hasn't, though, it's a terrific novella that can be found in the same collection that also includes "Everything's Eventual," a story about Dinky Earnshaw, one of the Breakers from the final DT novel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123