This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stephen King at Lowell, MA - A Constant Reader's Note

Default Re: Stephen King at Lowell, MA - A Constant Reader's Note

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Each story is different as to how much editing is required. Certain things become more second-nature with practice but even Steve has some stories that come more easily than others. And it also depends on his editors as to how much they think needs changing. He doesn't make every change they suggest, but he hasn't reached the point (and probably no author ever should) that he isn't at least open to their suggestions.
    Thanks for replying to that. I really appreciate it. As someone who is in the news industry. I find myself on a never-ending steam of re-writing and editing my stories. I am in constant turmoil about the stories I write. I never feel like I am living up to my potential as a writer since everything is so fast and you don't get enough time to dive in.

Thanks for all the replies. I did have a GREAT time. Funny story though coming back from the event. My flight was on Saturday, late. I got to the airport and was hurried on a plane with only one other passenger aboard, one flight attendant and the pilots (or pilots?). The flight attendant said it was pretty rare to have only two people on the plan. She told me she remembered one time, a few years back, where only one person flew. A fog had set over Philadelphia where my connection was and most of the other planes were delayed. I felt like I was in a Stephen King's "The Langoliers" The plane was dark with all the lights off except two. I sat a few rows back from the front seats, however, the other passenger took the front seat. She and the flight attendant spoke throughout the ride, but it still felt too quiet. I started scribbling the story on this reporter's notebook I had. You could see the fog that surrounded us. It was playing pinball with us as we inched closer to land. I have flown several times, but I never worried about not landing until I got on this flight. A spooky ride and I thought maybe it was fitting after a Stephen King trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    I remember SK saying that about the car at the end of his talk in Sarasota and believe me it was the first time I ever ck'd the back seat before entering!
    So glad you had a great time, agartner. Thank you for sharing it with us.
    My husband has this maddening habit of turning off the dome light in the car. He swears he doesn't but look, *I* don't mess with it, yet the switch automatically gets turned to off instead of door. And he's a rabid light-switcher-offer everywhere he goes. So I KNOW it's him.

There's nothing quite as awesome as going out to your car on a moonless, cloudy night, opening the door, and having the interior light not come on. It's not creepy at all.

I watched all the videos of this, it was great to see him even if I couldn't be there.

I noticed he mentioned a new book he is writing now titled "Mr. Mercedes". Yay more to read from Uncle Stevie!

MS Mod is there any info on when we might see this in print? Also, we have Dr. Sleep coming in the spring, anything else in the wings for next year?

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post
    I watched all the videos of this, it was great to see him even if I couldn't be there.

I noticed he mentioned a new book he is writing now titled "Mr. Mercedes". Yay more to read from Uncle Stevie!

MS Mod is there any info on when we might see this in print? Also, we have Dr. Sleep coming in the spring, anything else in the wings for next year?
    Since there are already 2 books coming out in 2013, I wouldn't expect Mr. Mercedes (which is just the working title and is likely to be changed because Steve isn't happy with that one) to be out before at least 2014.

Joyland will be out June 2013 and Doctor Sleep will be out in September 2013 (not spring).

Since there are already 2 books coming out in 2013, I wouldn't expect Mr. Mercedes (which is just the working title and is likely to be changed because Steve isn't happy with that one) to be out before at least 2014.

Joyland will be out June 2013 and Doctor Sleep will be out in September 2013 (not spring).
    TY MS MOD, haven't been keeping up with the schedule too closely as of late, thanks for the clarification.

Can't you just convince him to release 6 books a year? Come one, Marsha. I mean, my goodness. Who needs family time?

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    Can't you just convince him to release 6 books a year? Come one, Marsha. I mean, my goodness. Who needs family time?
    ...yeah, whip that Fornit till it bleeds...

I've had the privilege and joy to see Mr. King twice - both times in Toronto and he is awesome in person. So down to earth. Very refreshing to see in someone with so much acclaim and success.

Love the fact that I can vicariously live through these other events via these videos. His reading of, 'Afterlife,' was fantastic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12