Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
i was just wondering - how many people out there on skmb can play the piano? - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: i was just wondering - how many people out there on skmb can play the piano?

Default Re: i was just wondering - how many people out there on skmb can play the piano?

I took a keyboard/piano class in eighth grade, but all I remember from that is how to play When the Saints Go Marching in. And only one handed.

I don't think I have the coordination to play the drums, but I can make some awful sounds with the guitar.

Default Re: i was just wondering - how many people out there on skmb can play the piano?

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post

I may just have to get the iPad garage band app so I can learn this.
    Me too . . .it's always been a dream of my to play a piano. I can read music so I think learning would be kind of easy.

Always wanted to learn to play.

Well, yes. Taught by the nuns in Catholic school. (ouch) Then took lessons later. I still suck at it

(anyone wants to hear "Close To You" or the beginning of Stairway.. I am your go-to.

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    It's okay. No one can be great at everything. At least I can dance. (I do not understand how a person can be able to play an instrument or even sing on cue but have no apparent sense of bodily rhythm, but I have seen it with my own two eyes.) I think playing the drums would be beyond cool.

Really if we had kids, them learning a musical instrument would be the one thing I would absolutely insist on. The persistence and self-discipline it engenders is invaluable.

I really do believe the piano is the best place to start. You get all your basics.

I play guitar...I have a rough understanding of the piano, but I can't actually play it.

Quote Originally Posted by not_nadine View Post
    I really do believe the piano is the best place to start. You get all your basics.
    Yeah, that is what my husband (Mr. Multiple Instruments--piano, sax, clarinet, guitar) says, and I am sure he is right. "Learn the piano and you can play anything."

Made to take lesson when a child. Hated it. Regret not paying more attention. Can still play a little when a piano is available.

I used to play piano when I was a younger but I never learned anything and
    when I had to train my homework I always had something else to do. So my piano
    teacher asked me once why I even take these lessons when I don't want to learn
    anything. So I quit the piano playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    Yeah, that is what my husband (Mr. Multiple Instruments--piano, sax, clarinet, guitar) says, and I am sure he is right. "Learn the piano and you can play anything."
    So Mr. Multiple Instruments can play 'em, but he evidently does not have the patience to teach 'em.

I bet if you studied Ms. Mod's app video you could learn to play that tune.

Me? give me a beat and I am up and moving to it!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast