Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
i was just wondering - how many people out there on skmb can play the piano? - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: i was just wondering - how many people out there on skmb can play the piano?

Default Re: i was just wondering - how many people out there on skmb can play the piano?

Nope, sadly I can't play at all.......I have always wished I could though. ( and I come from a family that is highly musically inclined)

Default Re: i was just wondering - how many people out there on skmb can play the piano?

Quote Originally Posted by Haunted View Post
    So Mr. Multiple Instruments can play 'em, but he evidently does not have the patience to teach 'em.
    I must admit that the fault is 100% mine. If I asked him to teach me to play the keyboard he would be on that like white on rice.

I bet if you studied Ms. Mod's app video you could learn to play that tune.

Me? give me a beat and I am up and moving to it!!
    Me too! I am all about the lunch break booty shake.

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    Always wanted to learn to play.
    They say it is never too late to learn if you have the desire. I am honestly thinking about it and I am over 50! Oy vey

Quote Originally Posted by not_nadine View Post
    Well, yes. Taught by the nuns in Catholic school. (ouch) Then took lessons later. I still suck at it

(anyone wants to hear "Close To You" or the beginning of Stairway.. I am your go-to.
    Catholic school, eh? Did they have black and white habits with those weird things that hid their hair? I remember in Toronto back in the sixties having those nuns in grade 1. I was petrified of them. One had a big hand bell and she would stand at the doorway and ring it when recess was over. We had to all line up and march back into the school in our little uniforms. No wonder I jointed the military when I was in my twenties! ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    I must admit that the fault is 100% mine. If I asked him to teach me to play the keyboard he would be on that like white on rice.
    Oh, the Heart & Soul thing ... Well, we were teenagers. He comes from a very musical family. I do not think it occurred to him at the time that someone's hand-eye coordination could be quite so ... lacking. (I think I may have improved somewhat since then.)

In my early 20s I had the same exact thing happen with another friend who was trying to teach me to play tennis. It took me until my mid 20s to really, truly grasp what my gym teachers meant when they said "keep your eye on the ball." I really think if they just would have said "stop watching your hands" I might have caught on earlier and not always been the last one picked for softball.

I cant play any instruments. But certainly wish I had that talent.

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Oh yeeeahhh, damn straight I can play one you just bet I can, but they ain't never got no dough so what's the point?
    Ohhhh like in makin' music?...hmm, well, first one must define what one means by makin' music, and then the answer would still be a resounding unsounding, no.

I can play "Louie Louie".

Quote Originally Posted by Neesy View Post
    They say it is never too late to learn if you have the desire. I am honestly thinking about it and I am over 50! Oy vey
    In five years you'll be in your late 50s regardless of whether you learn to play or not. That is, the time will pass anyway. I say go for it!

I used to play, and still own a trumpet. I've been thinking about picking it back up again...but I'll wait until I no longer live in an apartment. I know there are mutes, but I hate the way they sound while I'm practicing.

I wish I would have learned to play piano, though to be fair, all of my mother-in-law's siblings can play, so I could learn if I was inclined. And so can Todash's husband, obviously. lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast