This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Use of forum member names?

Default Re: Use of forum member names?

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    It depends who I'm talking to, and the context I use it in. For example, if GNTLGNT made a post saying he was upset about something and wanted support I would likely refer to him as Scott when replying as it would seem more personal. The more you talk with someone and become friends you will likely discover whether they are okay with their proper name being used on the main board.

Also, there's members here I use pet names with or even multiple names, eg; Ms Mod, Marsha, Modster, Motherator, Maaasha...it just depends what mood I'm in.
    So no one ever refers to her as "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha"? - not sure if you guys got the Brady Bunch over there but it was a popular show here on the telly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    I personally use my first name on here because I'm just not that creative.

But there are a few people on here who's names I know very well and I try not to use them to respect their privacy. (Though clearly Todash, aka Terminator Todash, aka Evelyn, doesn't seem to care. And I think I used GNTLGNT's on accident once.)

I do use Marsha's name because a lot of other people do so I figured it wasn't a secret. It took me a long time to feel comfortable to do that, though.
    But really, how many people have such a cool name as Shasta? I think it used to be a pop? (or soda as Americans call it)

Quote Originally Posted by Neesy View Post
    So no one ever refers to her as "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha"? - not sure if you guys got the Brady Bunch over there but it was a popular show here on the telly.
    They know better.

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post
    Just do what you feel comfortable with. For some people I still use their usernames even when I've had many conversations with them and I know their real names. I'll answer to fushingfeef, feef, FF, or Bob, or whatever.
    Sally?

But really, how many people have such a cool name as Shasta? I think it used to be a pop? (or soda as Americans call it)
    Still is. But I was named after the mountain in Northern California.

Though I used to tell people all the time that my parents owned Shasta Cola and I was really, really rich. (Give me a break, I was, like, six.)

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    ...I was named after the mountain in Northern California.
    What was your birthweight?!

Some of us call it pop. When we forget to call it soda. (But I swear I've never said I was going to warsh something or fish in a crick.)

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    Some of us call it pop. When we forget to call it soda. (But I swear I've never said I was going to warsh something or fish in a crick.)
    But you said pie are squared.

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    What was your birthweight?!
    Ha! I was conceived there.....

Freemansburg PA, sort of near Philadelphia

You guys are so much fun. I'll just continue using usernames until someday when I feel more comfortable using real names! In the meantime, you're all welcome to call me Rob or Vose or whatever does ya. Not Robert, though, please

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast