Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
School shooting in Connecticut - Page 7

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: School shooting in Connecticut

Default Re: School shooting in Connecticut

Let us remember the teachers and administrators who gave their lives to protect those in their care............

Dawn Hochsprung
    Victoria Soto
    Rachael Davino
    Anna Marie Murphy
    Mary Sherlack
    Lauren Rousseau

And the principal and the counselor who rushed at a man with an automatic weapon to get him to stop, mjs9153. I couldn't have done it. They were heroes. Absolute heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by mjs9153 View Post
    Victoria Soto,died protecting her first grade students..can hardly bear to look at the photo's of the little ones..just mind numbing that this wonderful young person is gone,for no discernible reason than one person's selfish rage..
    When the news first broke there was a picture of a young lady outside the school crying into her phone. You could sense so many emotions just by witnessing the fear on her face. I read yesterday that was Victoria's sister. Awful.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    When the news first broke there was a picture of a young lady outside the school crying into her phone. You could sense so many emotions just by witnessing the fear on her face. I read yesterday that was Victoria's sister. Awful.
    I was wondering about that. I thought they looked alike. These poor, poor families. I wish we could do something to help them all with their grief but I know the only thing that will help is time.

Quote Originally Posted by mjs9153 View Post
    you read my mind Shasta,this beautiful young lady,Victoria Soto,died protecting her first grade students..can hardly bear to look at the photo's of the little ones..just mind numbing that this wonderful young person is gone,for no discernible reason than one person's selfish rage..
    ..heros all...

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    Let us remember the teachers and administrators who gave their lives to protect those in their care............

Dawn Hochsprung
    Victoria Soto
    Rachael Davino
    Anna Marie Murphy
    Mary Sherlack
    Lauren Rousseau

Won't be hearing much of that impressively stupid anti teacher let's put more kids in our classroom ignorant garbage now, nothin' but crickets on the subject I'd reckon, or rather, at least for a while.
    Just imagine that ridiculous rhetoric coming to fruition, 50 or more students per classroom, I mean they said, you know, them stupid people, why why they said they had studies about how swell it will all be for everybody and everything.
    Mmm hmm, yeah that woulda worked out just great, and ohhhhhh those lazy greedy teachers...well come on and bring it, where's it at now?!

Am I the only one that is a bit bothered by the images going around the internet of these poor babies?
    A lot of them seem to be focusing on one girl. She is a large picture in the center surrounded by classmates with much smaller photos.
    Maybe I am being petty, but I just dont like it.

James Mattioli,aged six "and three quarters" his family wanted to remind people..in part,he loved cuddling with his mom,swimming,math,hamburgers with ketchup,his dad's omelette with bacon,and french toast...and was best friends with his older sister.. from his obituary and news reports..

Quote Originally Posted by not_nadine View Post
    Am I the only one that is a bit bothered by the images going around the internet of these poor babies?
    A lot of them seem to be focusing on one girl. She is a large picture in the center surrounded by classmates with much smaller photos.

I can't stand to see any of the pictures, it drives home the hurt and loss tenfold. May all of these little ones rest in peace and may their parents find the strength to endure this unimaginable sorrow.

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by not_nadine View Post
    Probably the girl of the father that made such a moving statement of love.
    And I'm very uncomfortable with it too, makes my stomach hurt, and I say, good.
    Tells me we ain't completely desensitized to slaughter, not to mention senselessness, and I wish they were posted on every inch of billboard, bench, bus, plane, train, and dog sled, and from coast to coast, continent to continent.
    These babies may not be the faces of this current bloody fad we want, what are, but they are indeed the faces we've got...for now.
    Folks seem to have already forgotten this so beautiful and bright wee one of all our hopes...

Let's all try a maybe a little better, and a lot harder, to not forget these little people.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast