This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: School shooting in Connecticut

Default Re: School shooting in Connecticut

I don't want to look at the pictures, it makes me cry. Why does this happen? This was such an absolute horror to me. I can not believe another incident yet in another school has claimed the lives of the innocent. It is utterly frustrating as a mother to hear of such a tragedy. My daughter who is sixteen and in high school remembers in public school the lock down practices they would go through in case of an event. I ask what good is that? Maybe it offers some sense of peace of mind, but does not solve the problem of people going off and killing innocent victims. If they want in the school they will find a way. I am going to say it and it might upset people, but there needs to be tighter gun control laws. I know guns do not kill people, people do, but something has to be done. We are becoming a more violent society. Maybe the world is going to end at the end of the week and all that has passed lately are the opening acts. Peace to those who have suffered the loss and to all too.

The pictures make me so sad. I've cried so many times, and even now there are tears welling up. I'm not connected to these people in any way, but this tragedy has struck me to the core. I keep imagining, as a parent, how awful it would be to wake up each morning with the thought of greeting your child, then that horrible moment of realization that you will never see them again hits, and it hurts me so badly, I cannot even imagine LIVING THROUGH IT. I'm just so sad, and I can't stop crying. I have tried to turn the emotions off, just to give myself a break, but in a way, I don't want to. To me, those who can look at these horrible events without feeling are just another symptom of the terribly de-sensitized world we are living in.

My heart hurts for all those families. I can only imagine losing a child, and I can't know or feel what they are going through. I pray that God will hold them in His hand and give them comfort and some measure of peace.

I just can't.............

I'm trying to avoid all the media coverage of this. It's hard because my heart goes out to those people, but I'm already starting to have nightmares about this (had a doozy last night) so I think it's best if I just avoid the whole topic for the time being.

Hi, Everybody.

I am trying desperately to not focus too much on this tragedy. (I'm not in the best condition, physically, emotionally or mentally to deal with it just now. Dear God. Is anyone?)

There are, however, some things that I cannot get away from.

The first responders who saw this hell and the CIS people who had to photograph, measure, etc, to gather evidence and intelligence on how the entire incident went down. ( They had to be there at least 36-48 hours amongst the dead gathering evidence.)

The Mayor (?) who had to go to the fire station and tell all the parents gathered there waiting for information and having to say, "...if you have not been reunited with your child(ren) ...you will not be..." (because they were murdered/dead)

The doctors and nurses (80+) who responded at the hospital waiting for the mass casualties to come in and give it their all to save these children...and to realize...there would not be ANY victims coming in. They were all dead.

The little girl who pretended to be dead amongst the pile of her schoolmates dead bodies...and survived. (The rifle/guns he used to murder those poor children would have destroyed their little bodies. The blood and gore that she must have seen, felt... falling on top and around her.)

God have mercy.

Peace.

Just as a general response,I know exactly how each and every one of you feels..I hate the thought of looking at the photos of these beautiful kids,and thinking they are gone now,never to return..the pain the families have now,is unimaginable to me..the reason I posted the photo of J,little James Mattioli,is because he is representative of all the kids..all he wanted to do was swim,play,love his family,learn his school lessons, and eat good things like hamburgers and french toast..that broke my heart reading his obit,which is much longer,but that is part of it..I am seeing resistance to the idea that we must do something to fix this,and for me,this is the tipping point..there are a lot of good thoughts out there,but one I haven't seen yet,is that evil flourishes when good men do nothing..well,I have had enough of these things(seventy, yes,70 school shootings since 1994) and we need to put our foot down..the right to guns does not trump the rights of others,especially innocent kids,to seek out life and the pursuit of happiness..

What happened is just horrible... I cannot bear hearing the details of it, because I just feel like crying. It is awful and absolutely crazy. What is even more frightening is the fact that such things happen a lot lately, people just go crazy, here, in Russia, we had a similar tragedy about a month ago, a man came to his work place with a gun, and shot all the people he could get, while they did not stop him. It is absolutely crazy, because such things have never happened here, and now we see what we see. But, sure, this tragedy in Connecticut is much worse, as it involved innocent children... I don't know what to say. My heart just hurts for those who suffered...

for the lost souls...and take heart,all suffering from this,families,friends,whomever..

At Victoria Soto's funeral, singer song-writer Paul Simon sang his song Sound Of Silence which was Soto's favorite.
    Read the words, feel the feelings...........

Sound of Silence

Hello darkness, my old friend
    I've come to talk with you again
    Because a vision softly creeping
    Left its seeds while I was sleeping
    And the vision that was planted in my brain
    Still remains
    Within the sound of silence

In restless dreams I walked alone
    Narrow streets of cobblestone
    'Neath the halo of a street lamp
    I turned my collar to the cold and damp
    When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
    That split the night
    And touched the sound of silence

And in the naked light I saw
    Ten thousand people, maybe more
    People talking without speaking
    People hearing without listening
    People writing songs that voices never share
    And no one dared
    Disturb the sound of silence

"Fools", said I, "You do not know
    Silence like a cancer grows
    Hear my words that I might teach you
    Take my arms that I might reach you"
    But my words, like silent raindrops fell
    And echoed
    In the wells of silence

And the people bowed and prayed
    To the neon god they made
    And the sign flashed out its warning
    In the words that it was forming
    And the sign said, "The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls
    And tenement halls"
    And whispered in the sounds of silence

Web will go silent at 9:30ET today as part of the National Moment of Silence for Sandy Hook.
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/20/tech/w...html?hpt=hp_c1

May all their souls rest in peace.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast