This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: Haven Unintended SK Kaincidence

Default Haven Unintended SK Kaincidence

I realize I am in the minority of those on this board who follow Haven, but I thought I'd share and see if anyone else noticed the recent kaincidence. The third season is nearing the end and the second to last episode was to air last Friday. But instead there was an old episode of a show called Eureka in its place. I had to do some interweb hunting to figure out what happened. It turns out that the Network decided to pull the episode at the last minute in light of the school shooting that took place that same day. Apparently the episode involved a murder at a high school. From what I read it is now unclear if the episode will ever be released or not. I hope they do end up airing the episode because the one before it ended with a cliffhanger.

Anyway I could not help but draw parallels to the story Rage and how SK choose to pull it. Interesting how it happened to a show filled with intentional SK references.

Default Re: Haven Unintended SK Kaincidence

...there have been many outlets of varying kinds who have embargoed certain things out of respect for the lost in CT...even ESPN gave out special instructions for how tweets and such were to be delivered, and terminology like "shooter" to be left out of basketball summaries and such...

Personally, I'd be okay with it if they could find a way to keep every episode of Haven off the air. It's not a good show.

The final two episodes of S3 will air back-to-back on January 17.

Thanks Bev for that date. I'll check on it. Yeah - I record Haven each week and was very taken aback when Eureka started up. I understand why it was pulled but since Haven is a "serial" based show those last two really do need to be aired. As for Bryan's comment - everyone is entitled to their own opinion but how about a little sensitivity to us loyal fans of the program based on Steve's work!! No need for being snide!

Season Four begins in just 8 days... September 13th I love Haven. I love the characters. I love the storyline. I might like it lots because I haven't read the book so I can't compare the series to the book y'know?