This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: Hardback or soft cover ?

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Trinidad
    Posts
    147

    Default Re: Hardback or soft cover ?

    I like the paperbacks because they're cheaper and does the job just as well.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    266

    Default Re: Hardback or soft cover ?

    I like paperbacks they are cheaper and the english ones are looking much better then ours. But I started to read ebooks on my kindle too and it is great.
    I own four Hardcovers and they are all SK books.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    617

    Default Re: Hardback or soft cover ?

    Quote Originally Posted by niro View Post
    I like paperbacks they are cheaper and the english ones are looking much better then ours. But I started to read ebooks on my kindle too and it is great.
    I own four Hardcovers and they are all SK books.
    Which four of his books might they be? Sorry, I'm nosy...

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    37

    Default Re: Hardback or soft cover ?

    I've always read paperback, for two reasons: cost and space. I started reading as a junior high student 30 years ago, so buying a paperback for about 5-6 bucks was much easier and inexpensive compared to buying the hardback. There have been times it's been hard to wait for the paperback to come out, but it's what I've become used to. I don't think I've ever read a hardback King book actually.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    264

    Default Re: Hardback or soft cover ?

    I prefer paper back. With my own books (and never with borrowed) I like to fold the page as a book mark...I like to fold the book in half so I can lay back all comfy and read with one hand...I like to leave it open which creases the spine. I put it in my handbag...along with the rest of my world. If its a well loved, read and read again book-you'll know just by looking at it. Its my companion while I read it and when it is SO loved and read, I replace it happily.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Calla Bryn Sturgis
    Posts
    5,170

    Default Re: Hardback or soft cover ?

    Hardback makes the story seem more secure to me.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    339

    Default Re: Hardback or soft cover ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    I like to fold the page as a book mark.
    I too like a well loved and used book, but I could never bring myself to do that, and when I buy a tatty 2nd hand book, it annoys if that has been done, even though I don't care if there are other page folds.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Parked.
    Posts
    6,093

    Default Re: Hardback or soft cover ?

    Same here about the cost . . .it felt really good to buy the hard copies when I could afford them, love the feel of them when I'm home reading, don't like to carry hard copies around with me though.


    Quote Originally Posted by OKKingFan View Post
    I've always read paperback, for two reasons: cost and space. I started reading as a junior high student 30 years ago, so buying a paperback for about 5-6 bucks was much easier and inexpensive compared to buying the hardback. There have been times it's been hard to wait for the paperback to come out, but it's what I've become used to. I don't think I've ever read a hardback King book actually.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Parked.
    Posts
    6,093

    Default Re: Hardback or soft cover ?

    I don't like to see pages folded either . . .I think it hurts the book. Silly maybe but I don't want anyone to fold down parts of me.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Nameless View Post
    I too like a well loved and used book, but I could never bring myself to do that, and when I buy a tatty 2nd hand book, it annoys if that has been done, even though I don't c
    are if there are other page folds.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    North Dakota
    Posts
    880

    Default Re: Hardback or soft cover ?

    I like to collect the hardcovers (mainly SK o' course! ) but enjoy paperbacks for portability-sneak reading time at work, while waiting in line (or waiting for anything or anyone, really). Books are like friends to me. I appreciate them for their diversity & the different ways they enrich my life-but some are definitely more valuable than others!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Similar Threads

  1. question about the books cover
    By kzilla689 in forum The Dark Tower III: The Waste Lands
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: April 20th, 2013, 06:57 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •