This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hardback or soft cover ?

Default Re: Hardback or soft cover ?

I like the paperbacks because they're cheaper and does the job just as well.

I like paperbacks they are cheaper and the english ones are looking much better then ours. But I started to read ebooks on my kindle too and it is great.
    I own four Hardcovers and they are all SK books.

Quote Originally Posted by niro View Post
    I like paperbacks they are cheaper and the english ones are looking much better then ours. But I started to read ebooks on my kindle too and it is great.
    I own four Hardcovers and they are all SK books.
    Which four of his books might they be? Sorry, I'm nosy...

I've always read paperback, for two reasons: cost and space. I started reading as a junior high student 30 years ago, so buying a paperback for about 5-6 bucks was much easier and inexpensive compared to buying the hardback. There have been times it's been hard to wait for the paperback to come out, but it's what I've become used to. I don't think I've ever read a hardback King book actually.

I prefer paper back. With my own books (and never with borrowed) I like to fold the page as a book mark...I like to fold the book in half so I can lay back all comfy and read with one hand...I like to leave it open which creases the spine. I put it in my handbag...along with the rest of my world. If its a well loved, read and read again book-you'll know just by looking at it. Its my companion while I read it and when it is SO loved and read, I replace it happily.

Hardback makes the story seem more secure to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    I like to fold the page as a book mark.
    I too like a well loved and used book, but I could never bring myself to do that, and when I buy a tatty 2nd hand book, it annoys if that has been done, even though I don't care if there are other page folds.

Same here about the cost . . .it felt really good to buy the hard copies when I could afford them, love the feel of them when I'm home reading, don't like to carry hard copies around with me though.

Quote Originally Posted by OKKingFan View Post
    I've always read paperback, for two reasons: cost and space. I started reading as a junior high student 30 years ago, so buying a paperback for about 5-6 bucks was much easier and inexpensive compared to buying the hardback. There have been times it's been hard to wait for the paperback to come out, but it's what I've become used to. I don't think I've ever read a hardback King book actually.

I don't like to see pages folded either . . .I think it hurts the book. Silly maybe but I don't want anyone to fold down parts of me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nameless View Post
    I too like a well loved and used book, but I could never bring myself to do that, and when I buy a tatty 2nd hand book, it annoys if that has been done, even though I don't c
    are if there are other page folds.

I like to collect the hardcovers (mainly SK o' course! ) but enjoy paperbacks for portability-sneak reading time at work, while waiting in line (or waiting for anything or anyone, really). Books are like friends to me. I appreciate them for their diversity & the different ways they enrich my life-but some are definitely more valuable than others!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345