This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 25 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun control discussions in the wake of the Newtown, CT deaths

Default Re: Gun control discussions in the wake of the Newtown, CT deaths

Quote Originally Posted by guido tkp View Post
    "..i'm a life-long member of the NRA..." (w/a huge wink and a smile...)
    most people don't know this, but, when he was christened...the gnt had a carbine in one hand and an NRA card in the other....when the doctor slapped his bottom, he slapped an .45 on his hips, too...his first pampies where camo....his crib toys included a carousel with lions, tigers and bears...and a rifle w/a laser scope...his kindegarten class was at Charlton Heston Elementary...his first word wasn't 'mama' but mauser...he loved chuck conners until he found about his ulterior motives, and realized he had the wrong chuck...his first halloween he was wyatt earp...he didn't have a tricycle...but a tank w/ a missile launcher that threw lawn darts...when santa told him he shouldn't have a .22 rifle 'cause he'd shoot his eye out, the gnt smiled and said: 'it won't be my eye, sucka !'

sorry, gntlgnt...too much saki, i guess...

loved your post tery...
    LOL ... You might want to stick with just water for the next hour or so.

Quote Originally Posted by exzel View Post
    Not quite. If the states use their own funds to fund their own welfare, then have at it and so as you wish, I say. Free cheese for all! But not so with federal funds.

Perhaps I'm not a pure Conservative, just mainly Conservative. Do people who consider themselves Liberals, believe in everything Liberal?
    So you want the Federal government to defund welfare programs so that the burden falls on the states? What would that accomplish? I don't get it. (Feel free to start another thread on the subject if you don't want to derail this one. I promise I'll stop in.)

[QUOTE=guido tkp;560823]"..i'm a life-long member of the NRA..." (w/a huge wink and a smile...)
    most people don't know this, but, when he was christened...the gnt had a carbine in one hand and an NRA card in the other....when the doctor slapped his bottom, he slapped an .45 on his hips, too...his first pampies where camo....his crib toys included a carousel with lions, tigers and bears...and a rifle w/a laser scope...his kindegarten class was at Charlton Heston Elementary...his first word wasn't 'mama' but mauser...he loved chuck conners until he found about his ulterior motives, and realized he had the wrong chuck...his first halloween he was wyatt earp...he didn't have a tricycle...but a tank w/ a missile launcher that threw lawn darts...when santa told him he shouldn't have a .22 rifle 'cause he'd shoot his eye out, the gnt smiled and said: 'it won't be my eye, sucka !'
    QUOTE]

You arenít perchance the Motor City Madman in real life, are you?

i was gonna say something to excels' demonizations of obama on that...ahem...states rights issue he suddenly isn't in favor of...

but the mod beat me to it: excellent, ms mod ...i bow to your superior intelligence

i'm begining to think that whomever it was that posted the chris rock bit hit the nail on the head...at $5000 a bullet...problem solved

i'm warming up to the idea of only muskets and single shot, reloadable weapons every day: as any enthusiast knows, while they might've been more accurate back-in-the-day...they are nowhere near as accurate as current technologies...

it'll put the 'sport' back into hunting !!

who'd be against that, right ...certainly not the deer !

in fact...i'm thinking of starting up a new company to sell faux coonskin caps !

...call 'em Booneskin Caps : Be Kith 'n kin With Dan'l B...A Better Part Of History !

nah...i just get these stray thoughts...

i really should just let them go...but, for some reason...they call to me...seductively

if i were lost at sea...they'd be my mermaids....

when i was piloting the titanic ?? i know that guy yelled 'iceberg, dead ahead !'

but i swear what i heard was 'pretty maidens giving hea..." oh...never mind

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Haven't forgotten this. Have spoken with Steve and he is in the process of writing an op-ed type piece about gun control so didn't have a short answer to pass along yet. I'm thinking when that piece comes out might be a good time for me to take another vacation and have the Board shut down.
    YOU GO GIRL!! Run for your life!!

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    So you want the Federal government to defund welfare programs so that the burden falls on the states? What would that accomplish? I don't get it. (Feel free to start another thread on the subject if you don't want to derail this one. I promise I'll stop in.)
    I don’t get where the conflict is in my answer.

Primarily, President Obama administration's method of governance by executive order is troubling to say the least. I guess the power-hungry administration… who seemingly never met a legal restriction they couldn’t waterboard until it got them what they wanted is troubling to conservatives as it is a usurpation of legislative power by the executive branch.

Not taking the bait on that one. This thread is about gun control. If you want to start a separate thread, I'm sure you'd get plenty of responses.

Anyone seen this video?

I guess many of Hollywood’s convictions only emerge once the coffers are filled.

This has been lots of fun, but I am having trouble following all of the moving parts that don't seem to connect to anything else. TTFN.

Page 25 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast