This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 26 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun control discussions in the wake of the Newtown, CT deaths

Default Re: Gun control discussions in the wake of the Newtown, CT deaths

Someone mentioned Chicago's strict gun laws this is from the HuffPost- Jan 2013.

"The Daily pointed out in a Friday column that more Chicago residents -- 228 -- have been killed so far this year in the city than the number of U.S. troops killed in Afghanistan - 144 -- over the same period."

(This is from article about Valerie Jarrett' daughter's wedding requiring 200 policemen for protection.)

@exzel I like it but I liked Jon Stewart's better. In case you missed Tery's link, here it is again.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-january-8-2013/scapegoat-hunter

I would like to hear from Blunthead and GNTLGNT on the mental health side of this discussion, please. I understand the young shooter in CT was on anti-psychotic meds.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    @exzel I like it but I liked Jon Stewart's better. In case you missed Tery's link, here it is again.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-january-8-2013/scapegoat-hunter
    Thanks… funny stuff. I did miss it earlier.

And I agree with Stewart that his show doesn’t purport to be anything other than satire and comedy. And he definitely wasn’t “ruining his brand” with that one.

(But I’ve got to admit in all honesty, the bit does have some poignant stuff in it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    This has been lots of fun, but I am having trouble following all of the moving parts that don't seem to connect to anything else. TTFN.
    And that's why I haven't said a word all day.....

hhmmmmmm...about the ignorant video posted...

wrong again, no surprise, tho...

they all demanded a PLAN... not a BAN

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE

thanks for the redirect to the stewart link...i passed the first go around, but i shouldn't have...great, honest stuff

amazing how a tv comic, with an astute outlook, has more to bring to the table than most politicians and all the gun-nuts combined

and never once did he talk about taking away gun rights...just common sense lost in the miasma of bleating hearts

Quote Originally Posted by guido tkp View Post
    "..i'm a life-long member of the NRA..." (w/a huge wink and a smile...)
    most people don't know this, but, when he was christened...the gnt had a carbine in one hand and an NRA card in the other....when the doctor slapped his bottom, he slapped an .45 on his hips, too...his first pampies where camo....his crib toys included a carousel with lions, tigers and bears...and a rifle w/a laser scope...his kindegarten class was at Charlton Heston Elementary...his first word wasn't 'mama' but mauser...he loved chuck conners until he found about his ulterior motives, and realized he had the wrong chuck...his first halloween he was wyatt earp...he didn't have a tricycle...but a tank w/ a missile launcher that threw lawn darts...when santa told him he shouldn't have a .22 rifle 'cause he'd shoot his eye out, the gnt smiled and said: 'it won't be my eye, sucka !'

sorry, gntlgnt...too much saki, i guess...

loved your post tery...
    ....WOW!...it's YOU that's been shadowing me all these years....keeping to the dimly lit areas!...time for night-vision goggles and a Crimson Trace laser sight...and as far as the Motor City Madman comment, why do you think I call him Uncle Ted?...seriously though, yeah I love my guns, and the right to bear them....but I also have taken training over the years, and have more than a lick of common sense(all board postings aside)...I want rational, not reactionary legislation and the NRA is stepping on their collective weiners, especially with the release of the "gun game" app for smart phones...I'm not brainwashed, their political hectoring annoys me right now...as do many points from BOTH sides....and I'll say that thanks to the Amendment that comes before the Second....I have publicly stated that I enjoy target shooting, and hunting for food on the rare occasion I'm able to get into the woods-and yes, I will shoot to kill if my family is threatened, but I'm not gonna grab the "cammie jammies" and go running around with an assault rifle, just coz I think I can...my guns are a tool, and a recreation-nothing more...they hjelped me bond with my grandfather and dad as a child, and I'm passing the safety, respect and enjoyment on to my kith and kin...that's what gun ownership means to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    And that's why I haven't said a word all day.....
    Hahaha ... I'm back, though. And bringin' it.

yes, g...i'm good when dimly lit

nice post, there, g....

Page 26 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast