Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Gun control discussions in the wake of the Newtown, CT deaths - Page 29

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 29 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun control discussions in the wake of the Newtown, CT deaths

Default Re: Gun control discussions in the wake of the Newtown, CT deaths

Quote Originally Posted by exzel View Post
    Actually, not as bad as I thought it would be.
    I'm glad you think so. Maybe this means the rumors that Obama is a secret gun-hating gun-grabber will stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    I'm glad you think so. Maybe this means the rumors that Obama is a secret gun-hating gun-grabber will stop.
    Yes, please. I'll take some of that.

It's difficult to take someone seriously who consistently fails to keep his word. Even more so when Joe Biden is standing next to him.

Maybe this means the rumors that Obama is a secret gun-hating gun-grabber will stop.
    LOL… the jury’s still out on that one. Those I commented on only had to do with “executive actions.” What's next?

As a state senator in Illinois, Obama opposed legislation providing an exception to handgun restrictions if the weapon was used in the defense of one’s home. And in 1996 when running for political office, he answered “YES” to a survey question asking whether he would support state legislation to “ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns.”

We shall see.

#1 I am 100% for training and certification for gun ownership. It is a dangerous weapon and EVERY person who owns a gun should be taught (before owning) how to safely handle their firearm. This is just common sense. We are an American Gun Totting family, however, my husband is a certified firearms instructor and our entire family has gone thru extensive training and the kids through Hunter Safety Training and Certification.

#2 We in the US have HUNDREDS of laws regarding guns, but who is going to enforce them? Cuts are running rampant through the Police Departments/Federal Departments. This is a classic catch 22.

#3 I find it interesting that many of these recent mass shootings have occured in legally determined "Gun Free Zones". Food for thought : http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...es_Act_of_1990 Makes you wonder how effective more laws would be?

LOL… the jury’s still out on that one. Those I commented on only had to do with “executive actions.” What's next?

As a state senator in Illinois, Obama opposed legislation providing an exception to handgun restrictions if the weapon was used in the defense of one’s home. And in 1996 when running for political office, he answered “YES” to a survey question asking whether he would support state legislation to “ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns.”

We shall see.
    Yes. When he wasn't running the country. And I don't even know if that's true and I'm embarrassed to say that I no longer have the patience with this conversation to look it up. But a lot of people change their positions in 17 years. (Heck, for Romney it was every day.) He is now the leader of the free world and a lot of Dems are mad at him for not doing more.

Yes. When he wasn't running the country. And I don't even know if that's true and I'm embarrassed to say that I no longer have the patience with this conversation to look it up. But a lot of people change their positions in 17 years. (Heck, for Romney it was every day.) He is now the leader of the free world and a lot of Dems are mad at him for not doing more.
    That's okay... I did have the patience to look it up before commenting, and from what I've read, it's true. Regardless... That's why I said "We shall see."

That's okay... I did have the patience to look it up before commenting, and from what I've read, it's true. Regardless... That's why I said "We shall see."
    Feel free to post some evidence so I can continue to be lazy and read about deaf twins' suicides and Under the Dome profanity.

Feel free to post some evidence so I can continue to be lazy and read about deaf twins' suicides and Under the Dome profanity.
    I understand priorities.

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/201...n-defend-home/

Some people do change their minds when exposed to relevant data and/or upon reflection.

Page 29 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast