Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Offended by Christmas greetings... - Page 10

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Offended by Christmas greetings...

Default Re: Offended by Christmas greetings...

Just close your eyes and think of England

I can't stand ketchup. I used to love it, but have really lost any taste I used to have for it.

I like fries with mayo. Or ranch. Honestly, ranch and fries is the only time I like ranch. Or malt vinegar. I love me some vinegar.

I've got to admit, I am probably the least picky person on the planet, and I would absolutely try the fries with gravy and cheese curds. Then I would probably instantly drop dead of a heart attack. Visual appearance doesn't really put me off, and I never get food poisoning thanks to a familial iron stomach. I tend to figure that if it doesn't kill me, I can only learn from the experience.

Also, sushi is absolutely my favorite food on the planet. Love, love raw fish. In fact, there are many species I prefer raw.

Back to the original thread, kind of, I say "Have a Nice Day". It's a fallback from my retail days, where the most annoying people are the people who correct you by snottily saying "Merry Christmas" over a "Happy Holidays".

I thought "Happy Holidays" was an inclusive way of of wishing someone a Merry Christmas and a New Year?

Quote Originally Posted by atomicinchworm View Post
    Also, sushi is absolutely my favorite food on the planet. Love, love raw fish.
    I was in a supermarket (store) today and I bought some wine they had on special offer. It was reduced to 4.49 ($7.30) from 10.99 ($17.86). Anyhoo, after I paid I realised they had charged me the full price so I went to the customer service desk for my refund. Turns out their policy is to give you double the difference of the price error. They ended up giving me 13 ($21) and I got to keep the bottle of wine. Result! (There is a point to this story.) So I used the money they gave me to go to my favourite food store and buy some sushi, and cheesecake. Ooh yeh, and I still had change left over. Kerching!

Today is Toony Tuesday in Canada at KFC...snack pack for $2.00. I do not know if you have something similiar in the States. Mayhap, you need to go there and buy some fries along with a certain savory sauce.

Forgot to report back to you that I tried the fries with gravy this weekend, although not KFC style. It wasn't a horrible combination but I'm sticking with my fries dipped in mayo.

Fair enought,,,,it is a draw then. We both weren't grossed out by each other's favorites but we prefer our own. I felt sorta scared to try snails for the first time but had to because I was in cooking school. I found them like very juicy steak when I sauteed them in butter and garlic.

Quote Originally Posted by staropeace View Post
    Fair enought,,,,it is a draw then. We both weren't grossed out by each other's favorites but we prefer our own. I felt sorta scared to try snails for the first time but had to because I was in cooking school. I found them like very juicy steak when I sauteed them in butter and garlic.
    I had snails once with butter and garlic. Tasted like ... butter and garlic. Rather a lot of trouble, and I feel bad eating them because they're so cute.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicinchworm View Post
    In fact, there are many species I prefer raw.

Quote Originally Posted by staropeace View Post
    Snails? Oooooo, yuck!! Not my cup o' tea....

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast