Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Offended by Christmas greetings... - Page 4

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Offended by Christmas greetings...

Default Re: Offended by Christmas greetings...

Thank you, one and all, for the intelligent comments I read here. Nowhere do I see anything denigrating anyone else's point of view! It makes me proud to be included in this group.

Todash, a personal thank you for the lovely and generous comments about our great country. The only thing I have to say to you, my friend, is that you've only experienced one great coast. We've still got the east coast you have to explore some day. Then, by God, you will have the entire Canadian experience.

One more thing, I generally try to say Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all and sundry. I know not everyone believes in the religious aspect of the Christmas season, but a lot do celebrate Christmas as a family holiday and a time of good will and peace, no matter what faith or lack thereof, they may be. And kids, anywhere just love presents! Even this big one.

So whatever you personally feel, Merry Christmas and a joyous and Happy Holiday season to you all, my SK family. May 2013 bring you nothing but good things!

And the same to you and yours!

Quote Originally Posted by SharonC View Post
    Todash, a personal thank you for the lovely and generous comments about our great country. The only thing I have to say to you, my friend, is that you've only experienced one great coast. We've still got the east coast you have to explore some day. Then, by God, you will have the entire Canadian experience.
    I know, I know. We want to! But seriously. Do you know how big your country is? It's really freaking big.

I have an idea. Anyhoo, Ontario is a good place to start, if you want to do the Provinces one at a time!

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by SharonC View Post
    Nowhere do I see anything denigrating anyone else's point of view!
    I can try harder I swear it.....got it, Bunny & Dumplings at my house for Easter (Thumper, he comes back)!

You know, I can't really say I've heard anyone outside the family and a few close friends giving me a holiday greeting this year. Not even so much as a "Season's Greetings." And "Season's Greetings" is actually the safest holiday greeting because there are many people who are miserable this time of year and the term "Happy Holidays" seems almost like a taunt.

And I don't really give any Christmas greetings unless I actually know the person. If I don't know the person I usually give a "Have a Good Day." Which is great because I can use that one all year long and I doubt a person has ever felt insulted when being told to have a nice day.

Sharon, are you having a Jigg's dinner with your turkey this year? I have me tub of salt beef and me split peas ready to go lol.

Quote Originally Posted by staropeace View Post
    Sharon, are you having a Jigg's dinner with your turkey this year? I have me tub of salt beef and me split peas ready to go lol.
    A what?

A traditional Newfoundland meal consisting of salt beef,cabbage, carrots, potatoes and a split pea pudding in a bag all boiled in a big pot.
    Next time you do Canada, go down there in the east and you will be surprised...Newfoundland looks more like Ireland and it's culture is very Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by staropeace View Post
    A traditional Newfoundland meal consisting of salt beef,cabbage, carrots, potatoes and a split pea pudding in a bag all boiled in a big pot.
    Next time you do Canada, go down there in the east and you will be surprised...Newfoundland looks more like Ireland and it's culture is very Celtic.
    I was thinking "That sounds like Irish food" (which I adore). I will put that on my list.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast