This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Offended by Christmas greetings...

Default Re: Offended by Christmas greetings...

You absolutely have to put dressing fries on your list too Todash, imagine fries topped with dressing, cheese and gravy! So good!!!

I don't believe it. Today the bus I take was flashing Merry Christmas. Was I offended? No freakin way. It put a smile on my face.

FWIW, I love Canada too. I recently spent a week in Toronto and fell in love with it. I visit Vancouver and Victoria as often as I can - I adore both cities. If I had to emigrate, it would be to Canada.

So to all my Hoser friends, Merry Christmas, eh.

All of the warm thoughts of Canada are wonderful, my mother is from Newfoundland so the mention of jiggs dinner warms my heart!! I won't talk about our many flaws as a country like our heavily taxed "free" healthcare, long wait times for medical tests/procedures..oops sorry!! Merry Christmas/happy holidays!

Quote Originally Posted by JellybeanJay View Post
    You absolutely have to put dressing fries on your list too Todash, imagine fries topped with dressing, cheese and gravy! So good!!!
    ....and lets your cholesterol hit a 7.9 on the Richter Scale...

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    I'm not personally offended by Merry Christmas greetings but I do understand why some people object to having taxpayer money used for any observation of a religious holiday that is not inclusive of all religions. I say Happy Holidays because I recognize that not everyone I interact with is a Christian and unless I am sure of the person's religious leanings, I think it is only common courtesy to refrain from greeting them in a way that recognizes only one religion. To me, Happy Holidays is more inclusive. It isn't about being PC, it's about being cognizant that the world is made up of many different people and beliefs, not all of which I agree with but as long as they're not trying to push their brand of observance on me or harming others with how they practice their religion, then live and let live. JMO
    Couldn't have said it better myself!

Hey, Staro! Jiggs Dinner, you betcha, kiddo. Jay, you have put some downhome thoughts in my head. Now I just want to find the nearest Newfie Takeout for a fish and chips, dressing and gravy! Really miss those.

I intend to make a boiled mollasses pudding as well,Sharon. Now Jaime has me thinking about fries and dressing, I will go one better. I want a Day and Ross newfie dish....fries, gravy, dressing,hamburger meat and onions all covered with cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by JellybeanJay View Post
    Dressing as in stuffing? Um ... I'm not sure how I feel about that. What kind of dressing?

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT
    ....and lets your cholesterol hit a 7.9 on the Richter Scale...
    Haha ... it's the blood sugar I'm a bit more concerned about. Think of the carbs!

She means stuffing...usually made the newfie way with summer savory. If you enjoy your stuffing with mashed potatoes and gravy you would probably like it on fries..it is delish.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast