This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Offended by Christmas greetings...

Default Re: Offended by Christmas greetings...

Quote Originally Posted by staropeace View Post
    She means stuffing...usually made the newfie way with summer savory. If you enjoy your stuffing with mashed potatoes and gravy you would probably like it on fries..it is delish.

Love stuffing with mashed potatoes and gravy but for some reason, the idea of putting it on fries does not sound the least bit appetizing. Maybe it's a texture thing.

lol, I guess it must be sweetie. I cannot imagine fries with mayo either. Marsha, I make my own recipe topping for fries as well. I use a really zesty tomato sauce and heat it up with shredded cheddar cheese then use it as a dip for fries or one can pour it over them...maybe that would work for you. Have you ever dipped your fries in honey?

Don't think I'd care for the tomato sauce cheddar cheese thing either. One reason why I use mayo is because I don't like ketchup. Never tried them with honey. Tell you what, I'll try french fries with gravy (I draw the line at the cheese curd chunks though or any other type of cheese--that goes too far ) if you'll try mayo sometime.

You first.

Okay I shall try it but I am holding you to your word,lol. Try it with gravy before you return from your holiday and we will compare our experiences.

Marsha I meant to tell you that I do not use cheese curds but I put on grated mottza instead...most places here do that.

Quote Originally Posted by staropeace View Post
    Okay I shall try it but I am holding you to your word,lol. Try it with gravy before you return from your holiday and we will compare our experiences.
    It's a deal--french fries with gravy but sans cheese for me and french fries dipped in mayo for you.

It's a deal--french fries with gravy but sans cheese for me and french fries dipped in mayo for you.
    ...by jove, I think I've got it!...fries with gravy, mayo, mustard, cheese, chili, ketchup....and a diet dew....

Sorry, Staro, I didn't hold up my end of the bargain. Not reneging on the the deal--just a slight delay. In all the food consumed (and there was a LOT of it) over the holidays, neither french fries nor gravy were part of the menus and no place that I'm aware of around here sells them like that. Now that I think of it, I can probably do that at KFC by just ordering a side of each. Dang, now there really is no excuse other than having to go a different direction to make sure KFC is on my way.

Oh yum ... fries with mayo. I love mayonnaise. And I don't much care for ketchup either. However, Trader Joe's organic ketchup is actually really tasty.

I'm actually not really a french fry person. They have to be absolutely perfect for me to even bother, and so often they are underdone/raw, hard and crunchy, too old, etc. (I know, it's crazy, everybody loves fries.) Five Guys is the exception; theirs are genius. But otherwise I'd much rather have sweet potato fries, which, coincidentally, are FABULOUS with mayo.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast