This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Offended by Christmas greetings...

Default Re: Offended by Christmas greetings...

I use mayo on the sweet potato fries, too. At home, I make my fries using fresh white or red potatoes and oven baking them (full disclosure--I shake them in a zip lock bag with a little olive or canola oil first) and season with a little garlic powder, pepper and rosemary.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    I use mayo on the sweet potato fries, too. At home, I make my fries using fresh white or red potatoes and oven baking them (full disclosure--I shake them in a zip lock bag with a little olive or canola oil first) and season with a little garlic powder, pepper and rosemary.

OK, you win--it's only early morning and I'm craving french fries! Sounds like a plan for lunch

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...by jove, I think I've got it!...fries with gravy, mayo, mustard, cheese, chili, ketchup....and a diet dew....
    You kill me - I can always count on a good laugh from you!

Marsha I will give you a week lol. I did try fries with mayo....it is not my favorite but it wasnt half bad,actually. KFC has really good gravy...they have poutine in Canada. Give the fries with a side of gravy a go then and let me know.

I'm surprised they don't have poutine at the KFC here as close as we are to Canada and with as many Canadians as we have visiting here. Maybe they do and I just never noticed! We did finally get a Tim Horton's on nearly every major intersection so poutine may not be far behind.

I like Tim Hortons's chili..you will have to give it a go! How do you like Timmy's coffee?

Tried their chili a while back but didn't care for it. The coffee's okay but I'm not one to buy coffee that often unless it's when I'm at a restaurant so same goes for Dunkin' Donuts and Starbucks, too.

Season Greetings, Everybody!

Sorry, I'm late to the thread.

I, too, changed from wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and say, "Happy Holidays" or Season's Greetings."

Like many posted, I just want to say, "Hi! Have a happy time."

I also learned a 'unique' lesson a few years ago. Someone sneezed and I said, "God bless you." After that person handing me my head by assuming that person believed in God or needed or wanted His blessings I just say, "Salud' when someone sneezes.

(I fear the time will come when anything/everything I say or DON"T say will be frowned upon. )

Peace.

(Or not. )

Quote Originally Posted by Neesy View Post
    You kill me - I can always count on a good laugh from you!
    ...thos fries prepped that way would put a hurtin' on ME!....but I DO love me some "wet fries", which is what we call fries wid gravy 'round hyar...

...here ya go girls.....just whipped em up in my gender neutral ez-bake oven...

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast