Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Mercy (aka Gramma) - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mercy (aka Gramma)

Default Re: Mercy (aka Gramma)

Dagnamit!! When WILL I learn to read the date at top of post..... was getting all excited!!!

It's great that it's by the writer of 1408 and the excellent Fair Haired Child episode of Masters of Horror. I love those both a lot.
    I always like stories that are sort of like a fairy tale set in the modern world (I LOVE the current Once upon a Time series), and Fair Haired Child was that too - sort of like Hansel and Gretel: children getting locked up by adults and having to deal with that situation.
    Gramma is essentially about a witch (although more in a Lovecraftian vein, than a fairy tale sense), so I can't wait to see what they did with it.

Intriguingly, the cast has a character called 'young Mercy'. I wonder if Mercy could be Gramma's name? - I think her name was never mentioned in the story...

Hope we get some pictures soon, just to get a bit of an idea: you can go many ways with this story if you expand it to a full length film.

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post
    I was psyched to see they are making a full-length movie out of one of my favorite SK short stories, "Gramma"! The old 1980s Twilight Zone episode version (screenplay penned by Harlan Ellison) was excellent, one of the highlights of the series. There is a lot of potential here for a full-length movie, we can perhaps see some of Gramma's backstory, or maybe some of George's early days with Gramma before she got sick.

And how about Chandler Riggs (the boy Carl from the Walking Dead) playing the role of George?

What do you all think?

Yeah he is the right actor for the role of George

Why MERCY will be amazing: two words, one name—Matt Greenberg.

He scripted 1408, adding the heartbreaking and tragic backstory of the wife and daughter. And he was careful to make the story about something other than itself: Can we ever really escape our past?

I agree, PS. Looking forward to this one a lot. This story is such a favourite of mine.

Is there STILL no update on it? No one have any news? I hope it's not one that's called off...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12