Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The Mayan Prophecy...December 21st 2012? - Page 5

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Mayan Prophecy...December 21st 2012?

Default Re: The Mayan Prophecy...December 21st 2012?

Somebody really thought some dumb prophecy can destroy our SKMB family?
    Thought so...

The world must be coming to an end - our very own Ebenezer bought the office lunch (I declined - I don't eat with folks I don't like or respect) and, wait for it, may even let us out five minutes early! The proof of this will come on Monday when I'm sure he'll say "I suppose you'll want the whole day off for the holiday. Well, be in all the earlier the next day"!

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Quote Originally Posted by staropeace View Post
    I wonder if I have time to finish cooking my pot of beef stew?
    Finish it. If you're one of the survivors, you may have to make that stew last for a couple of weeks until you can find some more food.

[QUOTE=Ayko;557651]Here is a short essay written by my brother DUXe taken from my internet forum..

The Mayan Prophecy

According to many New Age believers, the Mayan Prophecy states that the world as we know it will change on December 21, 2012. This is not a new phenomena; as landmark dates draw near, end of the world theories creep out of the woodwork with astonishing popularity.

This particular theory, though, has been around for more than 5000 years. It began when the ancient Mayans plotted our position in the Milky Way and launched the Mayan calendar. However, the astrological prediction has since been exaggerated and redefined by the media.

The Mayans believed and prophecized that around the year 1999 AD, mankind would have 13 years to recognize our own patterns of self destruction. Then, starting at the winter solstice 2012, marking a major alignment (or alliance) in our solar system, our entire lives would be tested and only those most in touch with their spiritual faith would survive. They claim a natural or man-made disaster will occur (although no-one can agree on the exact nature or date of the event) tearing apart the civilized world and taking us back to hunter-gatherer days or worse.

The prophecy is not unlike the Judgement Days discussed in Bible Revelations Scripture as well as the predictions from Nostradamus for the first part of the 21st century. They also describe a space journey led by two soldierss of Heaven to rescue the innocent and faithful that bring them to a "new Earth" or planet where peace and harmony shall reign for over a thousand years. A new planet and star system would explain the need for a new calender.

In any case, December 12th 2012 is a turning point, and if 1999 marks a point for the turning then perhaps so does 13 years after or 2025. We doubt anything picturesque or explosive will happen on December 21st, 2012, but we do know for a fact that big changes are going to offer themselves to mankind as our society crumbles around us. Just take a look around. Many are dying and suffering while others are working more and more while a few are richer than ever before. Many will die quick. Many will suffer slowly. Many will be rewarded. Perhaps this turning point symbolizes a change of "tide" where the first shall be the last and the last shall be the first, generally speaking. You get the idea...

Is it also known as Groundhog day?

Quote Originally Posted by champ1966 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by champ1966 View Post
    In some parts, I bet....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345