This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Everybody dies twice...

Default Re: Everybody dies twice...

Quote Originally Posted by Srbo View Post
    Well, I said at least twice in the very first sentence.
    Aye, sorry Srbo, and thankee for this thread because I so identify with the idea. To make long stories short, I have come to believe that death is the most comprehensive definition of the word "change", and that change is that of "death". For example, if a person who experiences the death of a personal relationship experiences it to its completion, that person changes in the process, and, I like to think in my case, into a better person. This describes the relationship between life and death to me; that only life has the power to take over after death. Not death, which does its job, but life brings forth life.

When we prune a rose part of it dies but only that which must for the sake of the plant. What the rose was is gone, because it is now a different plant. It looks different, sickly, pitiful. Meanwhile, life is figuring out how to take advantage of death, to make the plant's next version look better than its previous. It will look better. Otherwise death would not be necessary in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Neesy View Post
    Bah dump boomp... where's that long handled cane?
    ...oh yeah, the crowd was roaring-but not with adoration...

Mindblowing is all i have to say

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    Aye, sorry Srbo, and thankee for this thread because I so identify with the idea. To make long stories short, I have come to believe that death is the most comprehensive definition of the word "change", and that change is that of "death". For example, if a person who experiences the death of a personal relationship experiences it to its completion, that person changes in the process, and, I like to think in my case, into a better person. This describes the relationship between life and death to me; that only life has the power to take over after death. Not death, which does its job, but life brings forth life.

When we prune a rose part of it dies but only that which must for the sake of the plant. What the rose was is gone, because it is now a different plant. It looks different, sickly, pitiful. Meanwhile, life is figuring out how to take advantage of death, to make the plant's next version look better than its previous. It will look better. Otherwise death would not be necessary in the first place.
    You speak true, Frank. Well said.

Sometimes I think parts of me needed to die so I could become the person I am today. Oftentimes it hurts, and often we are left with a resonating sadness, but often there is an upside as well, and we change for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post
    You speak true, Frank. Well said.

Sometimes I think parts of me needed to die so I could become the person I am today. Oftentimes it hurts, and often we are left with a resonating sadness, but often there is an upside as well, and we change for the better.
    Yer welcome, feef. Sometimes loss is incalculable. If we gain from it in this life we still never see it. This doesn't mean life is unable to show us something later.

CCRider529 Guest

In Dean Koontz's book named 'Odd Apocalypse' that was one subject covered in the book. Did you just finish reading that or something?

Yes we die more than once. Yet somehow we keep being reborn maybe to correct a mistake that we keep insisting upon making. Hopefully we finally figure out what it is that we must do so we can finally achieve the peace that we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Srbo View Post
    Did you ever die yet?
    i feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. Or maybe it's just my usual sense of confusion.

when I died I was in the hospital and my heart stopped. But sometimes they come back.....and I did. So, I took your thread title a bit to literally.

....carry on.....

Quote Originally Posted by CCRider529 View Post
    In Dean Koontz's book named 'Odd Apocalypse' that was one subject covered in the book. Did you just finish reading that or something?
    No.
    I read only one book in my life by him - Velocity.
    Not a fan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12