Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Homophobic? - Page 4

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 62

Thread: Homophobic?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky
    Posts
    5,859

    Default Re: Homophobic?

    Badgers?!?!?!?
    Ahhhhhh!!! WE GOT BADGER INFESTATION! THEY'RE RUNNIN' AMOK! SCATTER LIKE THE WIND IF YOU VALUE YOUR VERY LIVES!!!!!!

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under The Keg
    Posts
    3,175

    Default Re: Homophobic?

    Badgers? We don't need no stinkin badgers........

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    174

    Default Re: Homophobic?

    Quote Originally Posted by hossenpepper View Post
    Yes, no less aggressive than yours. The difference is yours was based on the fact you completely misinterpreted her words (in a completely off the wall way I might add). She said that because of the macho nature of sports, especially on the male side, being openly gay is not exactly accepted yet. Hence they have to hide it deeply to keep from being ostracized in their community. SHE MADE NO COMMENT ABOUT THE STATE OF MIND OF A GAY ATHLETE. Read that back several times as the entire foundation of your reply was that she as trying to impose her version of what a gay athlete thinks.

    Had you said "I don't get what you're saying but if you mean this... I disagree", that would be one thing. But no, you had to say it was "insulting on so many levels". To who? You? But not sure who else it could be, so that means you are taking it personally and aggressively lashing back. The only reason you replied was to do this, yet when someone does it to you, and this time has actual facts an reality on their side you get upset? Please... However, if not taking it as personally insulting, I highly doubt you were elected the defender of all gay people, so you should maybe MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS, as you suggested I do.

    As far you knowing what you were talking about, again, you seem to not have the ability to properly interpret and instead make an assumption. This further proves my initial response was 100% valid as it did not misunderstand or illicit a different type of response from you. That statement had nothing to do with what you do or do not know about being gay. I have no idea what you know about that, nor do I care. It had nothing to do with what you may or may not know about the plight of gay athlete. I have no idea what you know about that, nor do I care. It had everything to do with the obvious fact, based upon your own words, that you had no idea what the actual thing she said was in the first place (though it was clear and concise).

    With that, I will respect Miss Mod and bow out.
    Really the only person I would like to hear from is Todash, since she is the author of the original post. Hossenpepper, you seem to have elected yourself as defender of the meaning (which I seem to have misinterpreted) of the original post by Todash. Your posts have been filled with accusations about what I said, meant and didn't understand. Honestly, when I posted my original reply, to Todash, I was hoping to have an adult conversation her about what she meant in her post. You jumped right in accusing me of not knowing "WTF" I was talking about and coming off as "High and Mighty". This is counterproductive language with one thing in mind: creating anger. I am ashamed to say I took the bait.

    Why can't Todash answer to her own post rather than you appointing yourself as her watchdog. Your vow to bow out is more than welcome.

    My original post to Todash was never intended to have the consequences it has created.

    Note to todash: PM me if you would like to talk about this. I am not a jerk, and I am more that willing to see where I may have misunderstood your post.

    Regards,
    Gene

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    174

    Default Re: Homophobic?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Sawyer View Post
    Cocktail?
    Does this mean you want to have a cocktail with me, or throw one in my face?

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    14,080

    Default Re: Homophobic?

    It's been a really long week, folks. Can we please end it civilly?


  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    174

    Default Re: Homophobic?

    Quote Originally Posted by nygene40 View Post
    Does this mean you want to have a cocktail with me, or throw one in my face?
    IT"S A JOKE!

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    14,080

    Default Re: Homophobic?

    Quote Originally Posted by nygene40 View Post
    IT"S A JOKE!
    Very glad to hear that was your intention but was hard to tell without any emoticons to convey you weren't serious, at least to me particularly given the previous exchanges. It can be a tricky medium without benefit of tone of voice or body language to know sometimes.


  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lud
    Posts
    401

    Default Re: Homophobic?

    Quote Originally Posted by nygene40 View Post
    Does this mean you want to have a cocktail with me, or throw one in my face?
    A true homophobe would never engage in COCKtails...

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under The Keg
    Posts
    3,175

    Default Re: Homophobic?


  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    174

    Default Re: Homophobic?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Very glad to hear that was your intention but was hard to tell without any emoticons to convey you weren't serious, at least to me particularly given the previous exchanges. It can be a tricky medium without benefit of tone of voice or body language to know sometimes.
    Sorry, I just never got into the habit of the emoticon thing. The word reminds me of when someone at a Comic Con breaks down crying because they met the Purple Avenger.

    I intend on using emoticons to excess from this point onward.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •