Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Homophobic? - Page 6

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Homophobic?

Default Re: Homophobic?

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Sawyer View Post
    Naw, I was offering one to Hossie. I just thought a pitcher of kumquat margaritas sounded good and was going to offer a drink to Ms. Mod & Sundrop. I figured Hossie could do with a belt of something as well.
    You're welcome to have one, too.

Well, hell.....first round's on me! Kumquat margaritas for the people, I say!
    Will have to wait a couple hours for mine, but sounds like a great way to put a cap on the end of this work week!

That anyone wonders how the latitude of platitude affects attitude is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Out of Order View Post
    Pike?

Quote Originally Posted by exzel View Post
    That anyone wonders how the latitude of platitude affects attitude is beyond me.

I think there is a Jimmy Buffet song about that. But Id have to be drunk to recall the lyrics.

I stand corrected, and enlightened by your post last post Todash.

Thank you for refraining from accusing me of being "High and Mighty", and telling me I didn't know WTF I was talking about. I think you can see how I may have drawn the conclusions I did from your first post.

Lilly Sawyer, forgive my hubris in thinking you were asking me out for a drink. It's just the way the posts followed one after the other. What was I thinking? I'm a minor member of the SKMB. clearly not part of the "gang", and that's just fine.

One thing I have learned from this whole thing is this: I will stay away from the hot button threads, it simply isn't worth the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by exzel View Post

What does this mean?

Quote Originally Posted by nygene40 View Post
    I stand corrected, and enlightened by your post last post Todash.

Thank you for refraining from accusing me of being "High and Mighty", and telling me I didn't know WTF I was talking about. I think you can see how I may have drawn the conclusions I did from your first post.

Lilly Sawyer, forgive my hubris in thinking you were asking me out for a drink. It's just the way the posts followed one after the other. What was I thinking? I'm a minor member of the SKMB. clearly not part of the "gang", and that's just fine.

One thing I have learned from this whole thing is this: I will stay away from the hot button threads, it simply isn't worth the trouble.
    No hubris noted and certainly no offense intended or taken....and I, for one, consider you Part Of the Gang.
    I'm not a Cool Kid and never aspired to being one, so if you're still up for a margarita and can tolerate Southern Nerd, come sit with me.
    (I *am* asking you out for a drink. Sorta kinda. You get what I'm sayin'.)

Quote Originally Posted by unclelouie View Post
    I think there is a Jimmy Buffet song about that.
    The song is "Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes."

A good line in the song is "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane." Hey all, it's Friday! A little ter, is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by staropeace View Post
    I think gay men are just like any other men. Being gay does not mean being a sex maniac...I am sure most would play sports just because they like sports. I do not think the gay lifestyle is a choice. Some gay folks are very obviously gay...they look and act it. Other folks are just the run of the mill everyday person. I think they are made the way God wanted them to be and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

As to the writer, he is probably just showing how stupid this character is. This is hard to say if one is not familiar with the book. Who wrote it, meduckie?
    Goodness, a voice of reason!

I think I like you,

...I did dislike a series of your posts Gene, not because I necessarily disagree with your viewpoints-just because I felt they were a bit high-handed...in other words, it's OK to have differing opinions, just thought you came off a bit surly...we may not always get along here on the Board-but we try to disagree respectfully...not always does that occur-but most folk here are good-hearted, just contentious at times...no harm, no foul...and for the record, I have many gay and lesbian friends and think the world of them...there's room for all makes and models here on this big ball of dirt...I only hate evil in it's endless forms...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast