Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
General Discussion / Questions

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: General Discussion / Questions

Default General Discussion / Questions

Hey Ms. Mod ~
    Just curious as to why there are several sections for the 'General Discussion' topic?
    Of course, I originally thought there was one for each different sub-section (logical), but it seems like all SK topics are in all 'GD' sections.
    I'm never sure where, exactly, to post a "general" topic and I believe I have a few in each one. I was wondering if it wouldn't be easier to just to lump them into just one 'General Discussion / Questions' topic on the main page.

Thanks for your time!

Default Re: General Discussion / Questions

They're general but still sorted under a specific topic, e.g. it might be related to the Dark Tower series but not be about one specific book in that series so it would go in the General Discussions under The Dark Tower forum. If someone's searching for other Dark Tower related topics, they'd all be there in that one forum.

...cats on doors...discuss...

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    They're general but still sorted under a specific topic, e.g. it might be related to the Dark Tower series but not be about one specific book in that series so it would go in the General Discussions under The Dark Tower forum. If someone's searching for other Dark Tower related topics, they'd all be there in that one forum.
    Thank you!
    Now, here's where I really get to show my lack of clarity. Why is there a SK 'GD' section randomly placed on the main page? I've seen topics on there for SK novels, movies, etc. that, I'm guessing, should be in the appropriate sections.

This is made especially for me:

Attachment 16619

Its intention was to be a catch-all for anything directly SK-related that didn't fall into any of the sub-categories. Might be time for me to go back through that section and move posts. In some cases it might have been that a sub-forum hadn't been set up yet if it was a more recent story/book/movie, etc. and then we forgot to move it once the forum was set up or whoever posted it put it in the wrong place and I didn't catch it.

Gotcha.

Thanks for putting up with me MM.

....and GNTLGNT, at least if the cat falls, it'll land on its feet.

I hate sub-forums. I don't trust them.

I hate sub-forums.
    ...why the prejudice against subs????.....

When a member posts images, those images appear to be stored...and the member can see those images on
    one page...when trying to upload additional images, say to an album. I'm trying to upload additional images.
    There is not enough room in my one album. If I delete the small images of pics I posted on threads, delete them
    from that page that I see when I try to upload additional images--to my one album--do those images I delete
    also disappear from the thread where they were posted?

If I create another album, do I then have additional room for pics? Or is there a total space available, regardless
    of the number of albums one has created?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast