Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
General Discussion / Questions - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: General Discussion / Questions

Default Re: General Discussion / Questions

Quote Originally Posted by samhain View Post
    Gotcha.

Thanks for putting up with me MM.

....and GNTLGNT, at least if the cat falls, it'll land on its feet.
    Okay, but what if you strap a piece of bread with peanut butter on it to the cat's back?

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Oobleck View Post
    When a member posts images, those images appear to be stored...and the member can see those images on
    one page...when trying to upload additional images, say to an album. I'm trying to upload additional images.
    There is not enough room in my one album. If I delete the small images of pics I posted on threads, delete them
    from that page that I see when I try to upload additional images--to my one album--do those images I delete
    also disappear from the thread where they were posted?

If I create another album, do I then have additional room for pics? Or is there a total space available, regardless
    of the number of albums one has created?
    I've found some answers. I was able to create another album and upload pics onto that, although I need not have done
    that to post a pic in a thread...that can be done by uploading directly from one's computer. When you attempt to upload to an
    album, this box pops up...and I've forgotten what it is called..."upload project manager"? A box. There's smaller pics of
    anything you might have posted/uploaded to the board. I deleted three pics from my first album...thinking I needed to make
    room for more...the three I deleted were posted on the Giant's "big" thread...and although I deleted them from the album, they
    still appear on the thread...unless they disappeared when the board...refreshes?

I'm going to leave these for Jordan to answer as that's more his area.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Oobleck View Post
    I've found some answers. I was able to create another album and upload pics onto that, although I need not have done
    that to post a pic in a thread...that can be done by uploading directly from one's computer. When you attempt to upload to an
    album, this box pops up...and I've forgotten what it is called..."upload project manager"? A box. There's smaller pics of
    anything you might have posted/uploaded to the board. I deleted three pics from my first album...thinking I needed to make
    room for more...the three I deleted were posted on the Giant's "big" thread...and although I deleted them from the album, they
    still appear on the thread...unless they disappeared when the board...refreshes?
    Long story short, you do not need to put images into an album to post them on the board, and images within posts don't count against your storage allotment in your albums. You are limited to 100 pictures per album and 2MiB storage total for albums.

Jordan

StephenKing.com Webmaster

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems.
    Rene Descartes
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Please bear with me as I am but a Newbie, but although I've read the FAQ, but I'm still a little bit unclear on some parts, (and I'm definately one for asking some daft questions, and probably putting them in thw wrong places), namely:

1 - How come my posts don't immediately show up? Is there a connection between this and the amount of posts moderated? (Or have I just answered my own question? )
    2 - What does it mean when posts do not show up at certain times and special holidays?

Please don't wallop me..! Thanks!

I promise not to wallop you for asking the question if you'll promise not to wallop me for saying the font and color choice you've made for your posts is really hard on old eyes.

1. Those with less than 250 posts will have their messages moderated and the time it takes for them to show up will depend upon how quickly a moderator (there is only one on duty at a time and only 3 overall) can get to them. For me, this is part of my job so am here during weekday work hours but it's only one part of my job so there are times when I have other priorities.

2. Until just recently, I was the only moderator and the Board was closed on the weekends and holidays. Now that we have Flake Noir and Dana Jean as volunteer moderators, the Board is no longer closed down for those occasions.

Thank you for getting back to me, Ms. Mod - you're a Sweetie! And thank you for helping me out. No worries about walloping - I completely understand..! Okay, I have noted the font and color situation and have reverted back to the originals: I had no idea that particular colors make some peoples' eyes go a bit fuzzy, as it were...

Much better--thanks!

You're welcome!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12