Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
What's your favorite SK item in your collection? - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite SK item in your collection?

Default Re: What's your favorite SK item in your collection?

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    You just reminded me of the time (early '80's) when my older sis (unbeknownst to me) sent a really long letter to SK asking for an autograph for her to give to me. Months later an envelope with a hand-signed/inscribed/dated postcard arrived in the mail on a day when I just happened to be visiting her! She opened it up and out fell the postcard. We both jumped up and down, screaming!! I still have that postcard in my bookcase, next to my Dark Tower books!!
    That is WAY cool!

My copy of IT. It's not signed, not a first edition, not fancy - just a beat up old, slightly water damaged at the edges paper back, which has a scuffed spine full of creases, and the back cover and page is secured on with cellotape. But it was my favourite King movie, and the whole reason I started to read his books. It was the first book I ever bought, and it was dirt cheap at 2.51 - now I have just bought a 3rd shelf for my SK books. It is still my favourite novel and I probably wouldnt swap it for a brand new one. It reminds me of a relic from an Uncharted game or something.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nameless View Post
    My copy of IT. It's not signed, not a first edition, not fancy - just a beat up old, slightly water damaged at the edges paper back, which has a scuffed spine full of creases, and the back cover and page is secured on with cellotape. But it was my favourite King movie, and the whole reason I started to read his books. It was the first book I ever bought, and it was dirt cheap at 2.51 - now I have just bought a 3rd shelf for my SK books. It is still my favourite novel and I probably wouldnt swap it for a brand new one. It reminds me of a relic from an Uncharted game or something.
    One of my favorite things in the world is just a silly paperback of 1984. I just love it because I've read it so many times and had it for so long. It's an old friend. I totally understand!

My favorite is my paperback copy of Carrie. It is a first edition, well worn, which I bought when it first came out and had no idea who SK was. Just looking at the cover (which opens up to reveal a gatefold of a "town" on fire) brings back so many great memories.

Attachment 16622

This is my favorite. Great buy ,rare and used. But I really love it.

My favorite is definitely Under The Dome.

My overall favorite:

Green Mile #1 contest manuscript proof:

Green Mile #1 contest manuscript proof signature:

There were either six or 36 of these produced. According to the contest, six of these were to be awarded for each of the original paperback editions, but I've only seen the one for Green Mile
    #1--The Two Dead Girls.

John

As a Stephen King collector, it's hard to choose, but I've narrowed it down to three. In no order:

- The Mist Snow Globe. Just a simple little snow globe sold by Blockbuster Video when the DVD edition of The Mist came out. It's cheaply made, but they're pretty rare, and I turned it into somewhat of a big deal over at TheDarkTower.org. Now everyone wants one!

- Knowing Darkness. Signed Limited Traycased Edition. A HUGE book, nearly forty pounds. Artwork inspired by Stephen King. An amazing, beautiful production.

- My Skeleton Crew Treasure Chest. A Pre-publication collection of different formats of the Skeleton Crew Signed Limited Edition, most of them including hand-written edits and corrections by the editors. I love it. It also came with a proof copy of the dustjacket.

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonAmbannonBooks View Post
    - The Mist Snow Globe. Just a simple little snow globe sold by Blockbuster Video when the DVD edition of The Mist came out. It's cheaply made, but they're pretty rare, and I turned it into somewhat of a big deal over at TheDarkTower.org. Now everyone wants one!
    I have one of these too. I think it's funny.

I'm actually trying to help someone on this board find one so if you happen to see one for sale will you give us a shout?

Let me just say that I'm extremely jealous of all of you!! I've said it before but since joining the board I've learned about all of the special/limited editions that are out there and now I want them! This is going to be an exspensive obsession...my husband doesn't get it, I'll have to work on him!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast