Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
What's your favorite SK item in your collection? - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite SK item in your collection?

Default Re: What's your favorite SK item in your collection?

~My signed copy of the Under the Dome
    ~Ticket stubs for Harry, Carrie and Garp, An Evening with SK and David Cronenberg, and The Ghost Bothers of Darkland County (and tee-shirt for GB)
    ~Best is a candid unsigned, not posed, not perfect, but perfect to me picture that my dear friend snapped when I met Mr King.
    And the napkin I cried into afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary19 View Post
    Let me just say that I'm extremely jealous of all of you!! I've said it before but since joining the board I've learned about all of the special/limited editions that are out there and now I want them! This is going to be an exspensive obsession...my husband doesn't get it, I'll have to work on him!
    It is DEFINITELY an expensive obsession. I'm not proud of it but I often bend the truth to my husband about how much I've spent on something. Like, I'll say, "It's $300" then in my head quickly say "times two" or whatever to make myself feel better! Nope. Not proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Anni M View Post
    ~~Best is a candid unsigned, not posed, not perfect, but perfect to me picture that my dear friend snapped when I met Mr King.
    I have one of those. It's a seriously terrible picture of me but I couldn't care less!

I love my British hardcover editions of SK's books. They usually have cooler dust jacket art than the U.S. versions. I hope to one day have a complete hardcover collection of SK's books in both the U.S. and British editions. I'm almost there with the U.S. versions, still got a ways to go with the British editions.

My favorite item would be a book. The Shining. I have such a history of searching for it. I remember that I could not find the book in the original anywhere, I tried to order it from the stores, I was trying to order it from the Internet, or ask my friends to buy it for me in Moscow (I was really obsessed with the idea of having it, yeah). And once I was in one book store that usually had no good collection of SK books in English, I was looking through the books on the shelf, and I could not believe my eyes when I saw the copy of The Shining there, so, sure I took it immediately, it was really like a dream come true, so it would be a very precious item for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim D. View Post
    I love my British hardcover editions of SK's books. They usually have cooler dust jacket art than the U.S. versions. I hope to one day have a complete hardcover collection of SK's books in both the U.S. and British editions. I'm almost there with the U.S. versions, still got a ways to go with the British editions.
    Do you have all of the first books? If so, I am very jealous. Those things are expensive!

It is very hard to pick one favorite. I love my whole king collection. Anything King works.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    Do you have all of the first books? If so, I am very jealous. Those things are expensive!
    No, don't be jealous just yet. The first few novels are the hardest ones to get in first editions so for the time being I've had to fill the collection with the Stephen King Library editions. Most of my collection is hardcover first editions, and one day those first few will be mine.

No, don't be jealous just yet. The first few novels are the hardest ones to get in first editions so for the time being I've had to fill the collection with the Stephen King Library editions. Most of my collection is hardcover first editions, and one day those first few will be mine.
    Yes, I'm too working on it. I have everything after Cujo, including variant covers, minus the Gunslinger (which will be mine in March!!!) and Wizard and Glass. I cannot wait.

I agree with you that the UK versions usually have superior dust jackets than the US, except for From a Buick 8 and Everything's Eventual. Those two UK versions were really bad!

John

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast