This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite SK item in your collection?

Default Re: What's your favorite SK item in your collection?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim D. View Post
    I love my British hardcover editions of SK's books. They usually have cooler dust jacket art than the U.S. versions. I hope to one day have a complete hardcover collection of SK's books in both the U.S. and British editions. I'm almost there with the U.S. versions, still got a ways to go with the British editions.
    Hi and welcome! I also collect both the US versions and the UK editions. I would like to recommend to you that you hit every used bookstore and/or thrift store in your area- you will be amazed at what you will find. At thrift stores you can usually find King hardback books going for around $3 or so. I once found a mint condition (never even read) hardback of Insomnia that was AUTOGRAPHED and paid $2.99 for it!!! I would love to know how this book ended up in a thrift store in a small town in northwestern Washington???? It still just boggles my mind. Also, you might run into a copy or two of the original paperbacks editions of the Richard Bachman paperbacks- I keep finding copies of The Running Man occasionally and once found a copy of Roadwork, too.

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    I keep finding copies of The Running Man occasionally
    And the next time it happens you're going to get it for Shasta.........

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    Hi and welcome! I also collect both the US versions and the UK editions. I would like to recommend to you that you hit every used bookstore and/or thrift store in your area- you will be amazed at what you will find. At thrift stores you can usually find King hardback books going for around $3 or so. I once found a mint condition (never even read) hardback of Insomnia that was AUTOGRAPHED and paid $2.99 for it!!! I would love to know how this book ended up in a thrift store in a small town in northwestern Washington???? It still just boggles my mind. Also, you might run into a copy or two of the original paperbacks editions of the Richard Bachman paperbacks- I keep finding copies of The Running Man occasionally and once found a copy of Roadwork, too.
    I just keep finding stuff I already have. But I won't give up hope that I'll find some long forgotten treasure hiding in the stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    It is DEFINITELY an expensive obsession. I'm not proud of it but I often bend the truth to my husband about how much I've spent on something. Like, I'll say, "It's $300" then in my head quickly say "times two" or whatever to make myself feel better! Nope. Not proud.
    Awesome. Since I started reading this post the urge to get on Ebay and start looking for books I don't have is becoming nigh impossible to resist. Of course, since I have very little will power it doesn't take much to break me down. Maybe if I chant "must not spend money" long enough the urge will go away.

The Entertainment Weekly with my story in it.

I'm from Brazil but I've been a US citizen since 1988. My father is a constant reader. He was an accountant. In his spare time he read, a LOT. Because of him I developed a taste for reading. He read all sorts of books including SK. I read several genres along with my dad, but it was SKs novels that intrigued me the most. I was just a kid when I read "The Shining", "Pet Cemetary", "Christine", and "Cujo". I moved to the US when I was 20 and started reading books in English.
    I have no access to books in Portuguese (my native language), but my dad sends me some of his old books once in awhile.
    I have a copy of "Pet Cemetery" in Portuguese that is falling apart it is so old! I've read it several times. The last time I read it the pages kept falling on my lap. The pages are yellowed out and smelly but it is precious to me This book is one of my most favorite SK items ever, not just because it is one of of my favorite books but also because my dad's fingerprints are on it; because dad sent it to me with love; because it smells like the bottom shelf where dad kept all his books; because part of my dad is in that book.
    I'm thousands of miles away from my dad, and he has terminal lung cancer now. I'll never get rid of this book...

And the next time it happens you're going to get it for Shasta.........
    PM me your addy, darling!!

I have one of these too. I think it's funny.

I'm actually trying to help someone on this board find one so if you happen to see one for sale will you give us a shout?
    Good luck with that... on TDT.org there are more then a few people looking for them, if Shannon were to find one and not tell them first he would most likely be beheaded.

In no particular order:

My beat up, taped together 11th paperback printing of IT, the first book I bought by SK. It sits on the same shelves as my 1/1 collectibles do.
    Under the Dome which was signed in Atlanta, GA by SK while I stood in front of him and drooled like an idiot. The first sign I got from him.
    11/22/63 with was also signed in Atlanta, GA by SK while I again stood in front of him and drooled like an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by polishmehappy View Post
    I'm thousands of miles away from my dad, and he has terminal lung cancer now. I'll never get rid of this book...
    Welcome to the board!

I'm very sorry to hear about your father. We have a great support system here so hang around.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast