Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
S for Shining SpiderS - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: S for Shining SpiderS

Default Re: S for Shining SpiderS

Quote Originally Posted by Sepia and Dust View Post
    Ok.

The whole essay seems to have been borrowed from here. The original is little more than nonsense.
    That blue background and yellow text almost blinded me. Surely that link should have a public health warning attached to it?

Thanks for the reply, but really a response such as; "Are you crazy biatch? This is an Ayko thread!" would have been more than adequate.

*Yes Ayko, we know, I tease you cos I adore you...

Quote Originally Posted by atomicinchworm View Post
    Unfortunately for the boys, they mature fast
    Ahh, proof that spiders are nothing like humans.

*Disclaimer: I jest, before anybody gets their panties in a wad.*

This is only the case of males. Many females live 10, 20 or, in the case of most tarantulas, even 30 years. Unfortunately for the boys, they mature fast and die young, and in the case of tarantulas, 7 years is an old boy.
    Soooo... when I named my (then) new six-year-old tarantula "Fred", I probably should have named her "Francine"? Drat!

I call bull**** on almost all of that.
    ...to make it short, what is true? and answer otherwise you look like a human**** and not a bull!

However, they are still spiders, and not nearly as intelligent as even small mammals.
    Charlotte (and Wilbur) would dissent with you on this.

I'll show myself out now.

Ok.

The whole essay seems to have been borrowed from here. The original is little more than nonsense.

That would make them mammals, wouldn't it? "Milking" a spider is forcibly extracting its silk.

The lifespan of spiders, even spiders in captivity, is generally one to three years. Some die of quite natural causes after only a few months.

No living thing can survive a nuclear blast. Surviving the radiation fallout is more possible for spiders than humans, but they (like cockroaches) are not even close to immune.

Do I even need to go into this one?

I seem to remember seeing some pictures of non-grav spiderwebs, but I don't remember when or where.

Possible, but I can't find any Viedant spider in any of the literature.

I'm sure that some spiders and eggs arrive with new clothing, but it's nowhere near 80% and is certainly not the number one source of household spiders.

Virgin spiders... now that's Stephen King levels of creepiness. The widows kill their mates only if the mate screws up the mating ritual.

Maybe sea spiders do this. Sea spiders are not spiders.

No such thing as any of these, as far as I can tell. I think that the facts have been conflated in these cases--social spiders who have a collective (similar to bees or ants) became the "Bajillion Spider", spider silk having a tensile strength similar to steel became the "Copperhead Spider", and so on.
    You are right that some facts came from your 'here' but only those that are true. You want to read my whole essay then click on my forum.

A spider's silk is woven with the mother milk which is produced by both genders. And who would forcibly extract a spider's milk?

Many spiders die due to patience of waiting for food that does not come. Some die by being eaten by birds or other animals. Most spiders will not live forever just hanging around but, theoretically, they can.

If no living creature can survive a nuclear blast then how did the Japanese survive and why do underground lairs still contain insects, bacteria and other life after being carved with nuclear blasts. What is the range of survival and wtf are you talking about?

You remember the pics of gravitational experiments with spiders but not when and where, in other words they took place but, you forget. How scientific..

Now that we know how much you like me, let us continue with my next set of facts....coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    Anything with hair (actual) is a mammal.
    Are you stating for the record that you believe that there are no spiders with hair or that spiders are mammals? Please elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    That blue background and yellow text almost blinded me. Surely that link should have a public health warning attached to it?

Thanks for the reply, but really a response such as; "Are you crazy biatch? This is an Ayko thread!" would have been more than adequate.

*Yes Ayko, we know, I tease you cos I adore you...
    ...as I you...

Spiders have bristles, not hair.
    Example 1: While I too have bristles, since I have hair I am not a spider.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    I have been occassionally reminded that this board is not, in fact, one of my debate boards. I forget that from time to time (but Ayko is such low-hanging fruit....)

So allow me to advance you one Is you done gone CRAZY? in lieu of my previous post.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast