Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Parents, don't let this happen to your child! - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Parents, don't let this happen to your child!

Default Re: Parents, don't let this happen to your child!

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...really, seriously?...yer apologizing for using the word "sucks" around an 11 year old?...
    This one will bust you on every single slip of the tongue. "YOU SAID THE D WORD!!"

Freemansburg PA, sort of near Philadelphia

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    Have a young couple down the street, cute little young tot. They bought him a hand made wooden train for Christmas. The words from the child-- "what does it do?" Imagination lost to a generation.
    My son is 17 months and he actually prefers his plastic trucks, tractors and animals to the toys he has that light up and make noise. I suppose that might change, but I don't think it will since my wife and I do so much pretend play with him. While I do feel nostalgic about the experiences I had that he will miss out on, I am generally of the mindset that the world is doing ok and that stuff from "back in the day" wasn't necessarily better. The really good stuff endures!

I haven't a clue what y'all are talking about...crackerjacks?
    Sounds like I'm missing out on something gooooood, though.

Cracker Jacks is a snack made with caramel covered popcorn and peanuts and has been around for over 100 years here.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Cracker Jacks is a snack made with caramel covered popcorn and peanuts and has been around for over 100 years here.
    Ooh, they sound tasty! How come I've never noticed these on my previous travels to the USA?
    Looks like I need to book another holiday now just to rectify this situation.

Mmmm, my kids get Cracker Jack, have been for years. I'm not sure they even like it but I do, and they always like the prize, even though the prizes now are pretty bad even compared to the crappy prizes I got years ago as a kid (rings, tattoos, plastic airplanes, etc).

Depends on whether you like popcorn and a sweet/salty food combination I guess. Not something I've eaten since my kids were little, but I used to enjoy it every so often. You can probably find them in most grocery and convenience stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Depends on whether you like popcorn and a sweet/salty food combination I guess.
    I just like food, and am willing to try anything at least once.

One thing I forgot to mention. In our neighborhood we have kids who play outside. Yes - I said outside. No phones, no IPads, no electronics of any kind. Just bikes and balls and on old tire. AND they're polite. Love these kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry B View Post
    One thing I forgot to mention. In our neighborhood we have kids who play outside. Yes - I said outside. No phones, no IPads, no electronics of any kind. Just bikes and balls and on old tire. AND they're polite. Love these kids.
    Free-range kids! Our neighborhood has a fair number of them too. We even occasionally have an ice cream truck stop by.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast