Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Parents, don't let this happen to your child! - Page 4

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Parents, don't let this happen to your child!

Default Re: Parents, don't let this happen to your child!

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn Gust View Post
    I spent a lot of time introducing foods and activities from the past to my kids while they were growing up. I just couldn't imagine them not experiencing some of the cool stuff I did as a kid. At times, though, it was hard to find some things. I remember one of my biggest goals was to have my son play on one of those things they used to have in all playgrounds, everywhere. Can't think of the name of it! A carousel, maybe?
    I guess, if you want to be all fancy about it. We just called them merry-go-rounds.

Another thing I did (and still do) is recreate foods from history. My daughters and I made Laura Ingalls Wilder's wedding cake, for example, when we read the books together years ago.
    Oh, that is a great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by doowopgirl View Post
    Imagine my poor son. Born and raised in Ireland. We now have Pop Tarts, Oreos, Doritos, Ben and Jerry's and all kinds of fas food, the poor deprived child has never had candy corn.
    While I personally despise candy corn, it is definitely a marker of childhood. Perhaps a moment of silence is in order.

Todash, I had something similar happen to me a couple years ago. I went to Best Buy to purchase a Bob Seger CD. I looked everywhere and couldn't find him. A young man who worked there approached me...

Him: May I help you?
    Me: I can't seem to find the Bob Seger CDs.
    Him: Who's that?

I immediately came home and made sure my kids knew who the hell Bob Seger was.

At least when I was a kid, the states still had screwballs. They were my favorite off of the ice cream truck.

I have ordered from this place before... pretty awesome

http://www.hometownfavorites.com/about-us/

when I read this about the cracker jack toys the first thing I thought of was that movie Below (and the guy who constantly opened his cracker jack prizes). sorry but I busted up laughing

Imagine my poor son. Born and raised in Ireland. We now have Pop Tarts, Oreos, Doritos, Ben and Jerry's and all kinds of fas food, the poor deprived child has never had candy corn.
    ....how about "Children of the Candy Corn"?...

Doowogirl - do you have Kraft Peanut Butter over there? When I spent three months in Scotland I craved that stuff. Could not find it anywhere! I was on an island called the Isle of Arran but even on the mainland it seemed that they had none. You could get something similar but it did not taste the same.

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    Cool video GntlGnt One of these days I am going to figure out how to post a Youtube video here. Yesterday I heard a Creedence Clearwater Revival song in the truck and I just had to crank up the volume. Fortunate Son
    "Some folks are born, born to raise the flag"
    "Ooh they're red, white and blue, Lord" - I just love that song! Anyway, kind of off topic but I just wanted to share

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...really, seriously?...yer apologizing for using the word "sucks" around an 11 year old?...let her "school" ya, then tell her about the greatest secret of childhood, that's being done away with...Bazooka Joe comics...

Wow Giant, I'd forgotten all about Bazooka Joe..........thanks for that!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast