Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Lets Rant - Page 11

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets Rant

Default Re: Lets Rant

Nothing good comes out of bickering and name calling. It cheapens this board and makes it like most of the other message boards out there. I wish folks would agree to disagree. One can enjoy this place without resorting to drama of any kind. JMO.

Anybody on the market for a slightly used sewing machine? Might need some cleaning after I throw it out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by Lepplady View Post
    Anybody on the market for a slightly used sewing machine? Might need some cleaning after I throw it out the window.
    No worries.....my laptop was giving me some problems (don't ask) and now I have a tablet.....

Saturday was one of those days. The whole week lead up to it. First our Jeep decided to act crazy. Thought the engine blew at first. But luckily it was an oil sensory thing. Then the cable on our garage door decided to bust. No problem called lowes $40. Actually it was a spring. But they decide to tell me that that spring you have to go through a garage door company. Ok I call them. Its one they must install.
    Ok get that.
    Saturday plenty to do sons birthday. I go to kroger to pick up the cake.They tell me I never ordered one. Oh yeah, about three weeks ago. I tell the waiter this and says it Harry Potter. Thank God it was in the freezer. Then I proceed to the self check out. The tag to scan is on the side.So obviously I can't scan it or the cake would be screwed up. I go to customer service as they have no attentant at the u-scan. So they call her up to help me. Mind you its a half hour by now. We start walking back and she stops to help people who were in line way after me. Iam hot but decide to just leave after paying as Iam pressed for time. I stop to pick up the balloons on my way home. Had taken them in on Friday to be blown up with hellium. The girl who was suppose to do this never showed up for work.So shes got the balloons and Thank God finally someone else found them and blew them up. It is now 20 minutes after his party was to start, The rest of the day is wrecked as not a soul comes to his party. I thing decide to call the manger about the cake. she ends up giving me a $10 store gift card. what a day!At least Mikey was happy. non of this wrecked his day.

Quote Originally Posted by king family fan View Post
    Saturday was one of those days. The whole week lead up to it. First our Jeep decided to act crazy. Thought the engine blew at first. But luckily it was an oil sensory thing. Then the cable on our garage door decided to bust. No problem called lowes $40. Actually it was a spring. But they decide to tell me that that spring you have to go through a garage door company. Ok I call them. Its one they must install.
    Ok get that.
    Saturday plenty to do sons birthday. I go to kroger to pick up the cake.They tell me I never ordered one. Oh yeah, about three weeks ago. I tell the waiter this and says it Harry Potter. Thank God it was in the freezer. Then I proceed to the self check out. The tag to scan is on the side.So obviously I can't scan it or the cake would be screwed up. I go to customer service as they have no attentant at the u-scan. So they call her up to help me. Mind you its a half hour by now. We start walking back and she stops to help people who were in line way after me. Iam hot but decide to just leave after paying as Iam pressed for time. I stop to pick up the balloons on my way home. Had taken them in on Friday to be blown up with hellium. The girl who was suppose to do this never showed up for work.So shes got the balloons and Thank God finally someone else found them and blew them up. It is now 20 minutes after his party was to start, The rest of the day is wrecked as not a soul comes to his party. I thing decide to call the manger about the cake. she ends up giving me a $10 store gift card. what a day!At least Mikey was happy. non of this wrecked his day.
    Nobody came to his party?! Oh poor wee sausage. I know you would have made him feel special anyway... hope you have better days ahead.
    (((King Family Fan)))
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

King Family Fan--that just does not seem right that no one cared to show for the party. Their loss/ your son's gain. You made a special day for him, and that is what counts.
    May this coming week be much better with many calming vibes.

What do you mean no one came to his party? Who was supposed to be coming? How old was the birthday boy? This bothers me a lot.
    "You've been here before, but things are about to change. I know it. I feel it. There's a storm on the way." -- Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Jean View Post
    What do you mean no one came to his party? Who was supposed to be coming? How old was the birthday boy? This bothers me a lot.
    He turned 9. He invited about 15 to 17 kids from school. He had a good day. He had a Harry Potter tymed party. We decorated and kept in mind he wanted his room done in Harry Potter. So the decorating took some work and time on my part. So needless to say Sunday I re-decorated his room.

Quote Originally Posted by king family fan View Post
    He turned 9. He invited about 15 to 17 kids from school. He had a good day. He had a Harry Potter tymed party. We decorated and kept in mind he wanted his room done in Harry Potter. So the decorating took some work and time on my part. So needless to say Sunday I re-decorated his room.
    15-17 kids were invited, but didn't turn up? (Did nobody get back to you with a declined invitation call?) That breaks my heart for him and you both... I can't believe the cruelty of some people, there are some things in life that you just don't do... especially to a young child on their birthday. I'm so sorry this happened to your boy... and to you, because you worked so hard for him and it cuts us up inside when something happens to our babies.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Can only imagine the next day at school. Were there any explanations from the parents? Guess manners- replaying a yes or no to an invite-- have gone astray.
    Extra hugs for your son.

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast