Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Lets Rant - Page 4

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets Rant

Default Re: Lets Rant

Quote Originally Posted by gniknehpets View Post
    Neesy you must read The Stand now while this flu is going on! I've read it about every other year since it was published and the best read ever was in the dead of winter with a raging flu outbreak in my state. It makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up just thinking about it... Hmm...Might be time for me to read it again!
    And then put your stories in the coolest place you've read a King book thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    It was the name given to the superflu in The Stand. Steve took the name from The Grateful Dead and Jerry Garcia in particular.
    Oh wow - I actually read The Stand when it first came out. Hmm - time to refresh my memory with a re-reading perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by CCRider529 View Post
    Everything in my kitchen is apple decoration in some way or another. I have an apple napkin holder, and apple paper towel holder, and apple coffee mug stand, apple salt, and pepper shakers. I also HAD apple stove burner covers. That is, until this morning. I was heating milk for my oatmeal, and turned on the wrong burner, and burnt up one of the covers. So I had to throw the whole set out. I looked online for some, and the prices are outrageous! So, I will look for them in the local stores, and I hope I find some. Oh man, the smell was awful!
    I wanted to make you feel better by saying something like "That's the way the cookie crumbles" or "If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!" or something similarly inane However the best I can come up with is "An apple a day keeps the firefighters away!?" Good luck with finding apple burner covers. I have heard of so many people with these burner covers who do exactly what you did!

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    Read the Stand. Immediately.
    Yes Shasta, I can do that Sir! (Trying to remember how to stand at attention) Actually it is more like Read The Stand (Again). When did it first came out? I remember loving it way back when

I have done that CCRider529...in fact twice the smell is very bad.

Quote Originally Posted by CCRider529 View Post
    Everything in my kitchen is apple decoration in some way or another. I have an apple napkin holder, and apple paper towel holder, and apple coffee mug stand, apple salt, and pepper shakers. I also HAD apple stove burner covers. That is, until this morning. I was heating milk for my oatmeal, and turned on the wrong burner, and burnt up one of the covers. So I had to throw the whole set out. I looked online for some, and the prices are outrageous! So, I will look for them in the local stores, and I hope I find some. Oh man, the smell was awful!
    If you can't find them locally, I think you should just get some plain white (or off-white, or whatever) ones and buy these: http://www.amazon.com/ROOMMATES-RMK1570SCS-Country-Apples-Decals/dp/B004NNVKTK/

CCRider529 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Neesy View Post
    I wanted to make you feel better by saying something like "That's the way the cookie crumbles" or "If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!" or something similarly inane However the best I can come up with is "An apple a day keeps the firefighters away!?" Good luck with finding apple burner covers. I have heard of so many people with these burner covers who do exactly what you did!
    I can't keep one firefighter away! He is a volunteer, but still..he's my husband.

CCRider529 Guest

That's an idea, Todash!

By the way, guys, I totally have a rant coming. Just as soon as I have a few minutes to compose it. My nostrils are flaring just thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    By the way, guys, I totally have a rant coming. Just as soon as I have a few minutes to compose it. My nostrils are flaring just thinking about it.
    It's not healthy for nostrils to flare this long, Todash.

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast