This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Ghostly Encounter

Default Re: A Ghostly Encounter

I'm not a big believer in ghosts, etc. That being said, I firmly believe that unless it can be proven to not exist, anything is possible. And as pets stated, we have seen and experienced some weird stuff on our haunted vacations! I love the picture and to me, it doesn't really look like a reflection of light. I agree with Ally - it does look like a woman in a long white dress! Awesome picture - thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    Why did you take two pictures of the bottom corner of a room? Did something prompt you to take that?
    Shasta, I can't speak for JR and Aggie, but when pets and I are in a place that is purported to be haunted, we snap random pictures to see if we can capture something.

...Thoughts?...Aggs was heavy breathing in the near vicinity....

Quote Originally Posted by 91rewoT View Post
    Shasta, I can't speak for JR and Aggie, but when pets and I are in a place that is purported to be haunted, we snap random pictures to see if we can capture something.
    That's interesting.

I was actually asking because I was at a fair and I randomly felt like taking a picture of this open spot in some trees. Not something I'd usually snap in the dark. When I developed the pictures there were a huge amount of orbs. At the time I didn't know what that meant but I researched it later.

And the fairground was on a civil war battle field......

Just saying.

Sorry, I’ve been gone the past couple of days so let me answer those questions:

@Vose It is a slightly different angle. No one in the room saw anything at the time.

@Shasta Nothing prompted me to take two pictures of nearly the same angle in the same room… I just kept the camera clicking.

@Neesy It was not condensation. The humidity was below 20% that day. No manufactured special effects, it all came from my camera and only I had access to it. Yes, after we left that room and moved to the next… creepy feelings did sink in.

@~Ally~ Funny you should say that. This building has had several people report seeing a woman in a white dress in this area. A close friend of mine went to this place 2 years ago and she said that she saw the woman in white. This was before I took this picture.

@gnikuehpets As far as the orbs, I took a picture at an intersection in Tombstone where 70 people have died over the years… most of them shot. There was a snowstorm of orbs… too many to count. Then I took a picture down the street where there was never a reported sighting and got nothing, not one orb. I don’t know if it’s the camera or not but I never catch orbs when I’m not looking for them. I only see them in places that are supposedly haunted.

@GNTLGNT Perhaps it was. Seriously though, Aggie had a hard time breathing when we went to the next room. In that room is the Black Mariah, a horse drawn hearse that took almost all of Tombstones residence to Boot Hill Cemetery until 1913. It also carried Tom and Frank McLaury and Billy Clanton to their graves too. Aggie was able to breath again after we got out of that room. I felt it too but not as much as she did.

A very talented photographer I know often gives professional explanations for all these marks and shadows folks find on their pictures. Orbs can be anything from water spots on the lens to particals of dusk or pollen in the air. I cannot for the life of me understand why a spirit would float around in the air like that....why? I think that the mind is an amazing thing in it's own right. Sometimes, when we want to believe so strongly, our minds will accomodate us and fill in the blanks. A stain on the wood turns into a presence...a shadow turns into an evil entity...and this is only my opinion ....just saying.

[QUOTE=staropeace;560424] I cannot for the life of me understand why a spirit would float around in the air like that....why?

Why not?

Because I cannot see a person having lived a full meaningful life ending up to be a ball of light like freaking tinkerbell.

Quote Originally Posted by staropeace View Post
    Because I cannot see a person having lived a full meaningful life ending up to be a ball of light like freaking tinkerbell.
    I would like to be a ball of light. Tinkerbell, not so sure of.

...is the same locale that Ghost Hunters and Ghost Adventures filmed in???...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast