This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Films That Are Better Than The Book

Default Re: Films That Are Better Than The Book

I thought the LOTR trilogy were better movies than the book. The books could have used an editor--and that's what the movies did; stayed true to the story and the characters without the long lulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    Better not read my Goodreads review of Twilight, then. It's heavy on the snark.
    That's it. I'm un-friending you!

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more. I would watch the movie though. It was all the interesting stuff with the boring political stuff taken out.

I'll ignore your comments on Twilight because I love all of the books and have read them multiple times, but only because I am incredibly in love with Edward. (Yes, I can't stand Bella.) And the movies don't do Edward justice.

Again, yes I am a 12-year-old girl.
    Oh, it truly breaks my heart to have ran across your admission to being a Twilight fan. Seeing the words "I am incredibly in love with Edward" makes me want to stab my eyes with hot pokers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim D. View Post
    Oh, it truly breaks my heart to have ran across your admission to being a Twilight fan. Seeing the words "I am incredibly in love with Edward" makes me want to stab my eyes with hot pokers.
    Have you READ Twilight? Until you do you may not judge, Buffy.

Have you READ Twilight? Until you do you may not judge, Buffy.
    Of course I have not read Twilight and I never intend to. It's one of those cases where reading it is not necessary to know that it is horrible. It's just a non-disputable fact, like the sun is hot or water is wet. I don't even need to try and engage in an intelligent conversation about Twilight. In fact, the phrase "intelligent conversation about Twilight" is an oxymoron. It can't be done.

jimson Guest

At least as far as Stephen King goes, I'd say none.

For close I'd say The Green Mile, Shawshank Redemption and Stand by me.

Lesser would be Misery and the original Shining, (so removed from the book it almost doesn't count, but a great movie anyhow) I though It was pretty good, PennyWise was incredibly creepy. If I can lump TV adaptions in, I also liked Desperation, just because the filming location and sets fit the book so well.

Then the field gets crowded with "pretty decent" like Bag of Bones. Pet Semetary, The Dead Zone, Firestarter, Cujo, The Stand mini series.

There are still many I haven't seen, but among the worst of the bunch, I'd put Christine. Maybe not fair since the book was the one that started it all for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim D. View Post
    Of course I have not read Twilight and I never intend to. It's one of those cases where reading it is not necessary to know that it is horrible. It's just a non-disputable fact, like the sun is hot or water is wet. I don't even need to try and engage in an intelligent conversation about Twilight. In fact, the phrase "intelligent conversation about Twilight" is an oxymoron. It can't be done.
    You may not judge until you've read it. Anything. So there. If you do you are one of "those" people and you don't want to be one of "those" people.

I couldn't agree more about the intelligent conversation thing. The writing and the story is awful but Edward is sexy so he makes up for all the bad. See. Nothing intelligent there.

You may not judge until you've read it. Anything. So there. If you do you are one of "those" people and you don't want to be one of "those" people.

I couldn't agree more about the intelligent conversation thing. The writing and the story is awful but Edward is sexy so he makes up for all the bad. See. Nothing intelligent there.
    Nope. You have been judged, condemned and sentenced to hang. When it comes to Twilight I'm proud to be one of "those" people. Someone has to be on the side of what is good and right and just and stand between the decent Americans and the swooming, rabid tweeny bopper Twilight hordes who threaten to undermine the very fabric of our society.

And just for the record any respect I had for you as a rational, intelligent adult was just completely swept away by your meltdown into prepubescent lust with the words "Edward is sexy so he makes up for all the bad." To which I can only counter: Edward Schmedward.

But you're still my favorite

jimson Guest

Wow, there are a lot of minefields to navigate here. I lent my Kindle to my teenage daughter one time and it came back with one of the hunger games books on it.

Am I in danger of banishment?

Quote Originally Posted by jimson View Post
    Wow, there are a lot of minefields to navigate here. I lent my Kindle to my teenage daughter one time and it came back with one of the hunger games books on it.

Am I in danger of banishment?
    Only if it was accompanied by a Justi- wait, no.....I won't type it out completely. Better to let sleeping dogs (and this one truly is a bow-wow arfarf) lie.
    (I've not read The Hunger Games, so I haven't a clue as to whether you are no longer one of the Cool Kids.)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast