This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Facebook Login?

Default Re: Facebook Login?

I understand the benefit for some folks to be able to log in through facebook, but I'm not a fan of having all my activities connected.

I just noticed that the facebook connect icon doesn't appear when I'm logged into SKMB using Internet Explorer (version 9)
    but it does appear when I'm using Chrome. Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but thought I'd mention it

Quote Originally Posted by Sundrop View Post
    I understand the benefit for some folks to be able to log in through facebook, but I'm not a fan of having all my activities connected.
    In general or through the site? I don't think this FB Connect setup displays any activity on the board or any board activity to FB other than Likes.

I'm a big fan of not using Facebook to log into anything other than Facebook myself, but this should make the signup process a little easier.

Jordan

StephenKing.com Webmaster

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems.
    Rene Descartes

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    In general or through the site? I don't think this FB Connect setup displays any activity on the board or any board activity to FB other than Likes.

I'm a big fan of not using Facebook to log into anything other than Facebook myself, but this should make the signup process a little easier.
    Speaking just in general terms for myself.
    Gotcha. That makes sense.

I was a little disturbed by the Facebook symbol thing when I saw it. I'm not into Facebook at all and it made me feel like things were a little less private. I know this is a public forum but Facebook seems so wide open. I really don't know what I'm talking about so perhaps I should just stop now, but I prefer message board thanks to Facebook likes!

Quote Originally Posted by Mary19 View Post
    I was a little disturbed by the Facebook symbol thing when I saw it. I'm not into Facebook at all and it made me feel like things were a little less private. I know this is a public forum but Facebook seems so wide open. I really don't know what I'm talking about so perhaps I should just stop now, but I prefer message board thanks to Facebook likes!
    Just to be perfectly clear: the only way Facebook would see anything you do on the message board is if you link your message board account to your facebook account, and then use the like button... and then approve the post it tries to put on your wall/timeline.

Jordan

StephenKing.com Webmaster

Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems.
    Rene Descartes

Is this something that the VBulletin software added? I don't post on facebook at all, but I really don't like when that like symbol is placed in spots that is so easy to accidently hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary19 View Post
    I agree Mary19; and it seems like Facebook is in a big competition with Google right now to become some sort of search engine for people who like certain things. If it wasn't for keeping in touch with my son in another province (and one person in Scotland) I would probably close my Facebook account as it seems so invasive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12