Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
eddie and jake (spoilers included)

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eddie and jake (spoilers included)

Default eddie and jake (spoilers included)

So. I am listening to "the dark tower" on audio book while at work, and I got to the part where Eddie dies, and I just started bawling. I couldn't help it. Just the whole time, I was sobbing, it was so sad. ...a couple of my co-workers saw me and I tried to tell them that it was the book I was listening to, and they just kind of looked at me like I was crazy... then on the drive home, I got to the part where Jake dies, and, yep, you guessed it, I cried about that, too... but oddly enough, I think I cried much more about Eddie's passing than Jake's. That mystifies me, because I have always been much more partial to Jake than Eddie.
    The relationship between Jake and Roland, especially, the father-son bond they shared, was so beautiful, and the way Roland was willing to sacrifice his life so that Jake would live (remember, when Jake realized that saving King's life would come at a cost, that one of them would lose their lives, and Roland decided his would be the life that was taken, he couldn't bear the thought of Jake dying again, tower or no tower, I wish I could remember exactly what he said).... how he knew that he loved Jake more than Susan Delgado, even... you could just feel how much Roland and Jake loved each other, and when he died, well... I just felt like I would have cried more.
    Jake was such a warm, loving, good boy, and it was only an accident of nature that he wasn't actually born to Roland, flesh of his flesh.
    ...I guess I don't really have a question, in this post, I guess I just wanted to vent, say what was on my mind... if I do have a question, it's that.... did anyone else cry when they read of Eddie and Jake's fate?
    ...I almost feel like these characters are so real, part of my brain almost belives they truly are real, somewhere. Am I mad? Does anyone else feel this way too?

Default Re: eddie and jake (spoilers included)

If books were rated by tissue boxes used- this journey would be at least a two box plus rating. Can't tell you the number of times I cried my eyes out. To me, SK is the Master Wordslinger when it comes to making you attached to the characters in his books.

If you are mad so are the majority of the members here! I know there are many members who feel the same as you. King has made Roland, his world and his tet-mates as real to us as our own families.

...I have made the journey with the ka-tet many a time, and the tears still flow...it's just the magic that King is able to conjure from his Muse...

I sobbed hysterically for most of the last book.

Bawled like a baby. Still do on rereads...

alas, i did too...

of course...it was the tears of one who was hoping for a return of the King who wrote the magical, magnificent DT1, 2, 3 and 4...

but got... 5, 6 and 7 ...

fully knowing that i am in the minority on this...one of these days, when i have the time, i'll reread them all...and hopefully feel differently

thanks guys.... just thinking about Jake dying I wanna cry some more...

it's okay, charlotte...sometimes...ya just gotta let it all out

oh nooooooooooooooo i havent even got to it yet no

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast