This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One for the Christians...

Default Re: One for the Christians...

I don't view this as a win for Christians. There is no call to wear implements of torture and execution as jewelry in Christianity. Perhaps a win for fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by guido tkp View Post
    just the title of this post alone, 'one for the christians' shows a lack of understanding about religious freedom....and a lack of empathy for any who don't think exactly like you

good for the lady, she deserved her win, it appears...

bad for 'christianity': the other cases mentioned also seemed ruled upon correctly...those 'christians', together with the ill-titled post, show little understanding of christs (and, more importantly, gods) love and acceptance of others

there is no war against christianity...just the ignorance of those who profess an understanding...but fail to achieve it
    4 points for unintentional irony!

Stephen and I both grew up in the same small home town together, Did Stephen ever mention that the High School Principle, Mr. Higgins, had prayer over the loud speakers every morning before classes started? ... or that "Uncle Mert", our Senior English teacher played the organ/piano Sundays at the First Baptist Church?

Possibly, but if he did, I don't recall hearing or reading about it.

i would think (maybe even hope), SW'd, that a good measure of christians do not view the cross as a definition of torture and/or execution...but, rather, one of overcoming such mortal issues to achieve a higher, purer goal...thus the symbolism

Quote Originally Posted by Chuggs View Post
    I'm glad she won her case. I am a Christian, and am not offended by someone being an Atheist, so why are some offended by me being a Christian? Love, and live.
    Agreed, same here, everyone is free to make there own choices.

Quote Originally Posted by guido tkp View Post
    i would think (maybe even hope), SW'd, that a good measure of christians do not view the cross as a definition of torture and/or execution...but, rather, one of overcoming such mortal issues to achieve a higher, purer goal...thus the symbolism
    Heaven forbid that any believer forgets what the cross is at its most base definition, and the measure of love extended to us through it. You won't find a single cross in our house and you'd never catch me wearing one. I have a rough enough time pondering what *Jesus achieved* on it, and why, during our monthly communion services.

Who said I like your Christ, but not your christians?

dunno...but if the quote had been : "..but not some of your..."

the answer might be someone very smart

there are, i believe, an equal amount of bad eggs within each distinctive carton in gods shopping cart

...enough bad eggs to go around, indeed...

It was a Gandhi, I think.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast