Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Deaf Twins Euthanized - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Deaf Twins Euthanized

Default Re: Deaf Twins Euthanized

My doctor and I discussed this when we talked about my cancer and how I felt about it all. It is just that he had patients who wasn't sure how they felt and was feeling sorta pressurized by their families to do alternate therapy. I won't go into it much because I find the whole topic depressing. Let us just say there were issues I had not considered. It is a lot to think about.

I've given this some serious thought. I am a great lover of life...but to live it out in silence and darkness? No. I think I would make the same choice. I'm glad they had medical help, and that their family was supportive.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    I wouldn't want to be deaf and blind but there are ways to accommodate and many people live meaningful lives even with those disabilities. Think of the impact Helen Keller made even in an age when we had very little support for people with any disabilities.
    Ditto.

Well, you would have to have a lot of faith in an afterlife to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by staropeace View Post
    It is a lot to think about.
    I couldn't agree with that more.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    Of course there's a lot that can go wrong. But a lot can go wrong with drinking, skydiving, or driving a car. Or getting plastic surgery. Or rock-climbing.

I guess I just believe that people shouldn't tell you how to live your life - or death. It is, after all, your life.

But I also think people should do hard drugs and not wear a seat belt or a helmet if they don't want to. (But if they don't, I don't think we should pay for their medical bills!)
    Hijack:

I would agree if cleaning up a motorcyclist smear on the road didn't cost the rest of us so much money. Fatalities are very, very expensive, much more so than an injury accident. I also suspect that people who are not wearing seatbelts and get in accidents have a higher chance of losing control of their vehicles and thus costing the lives of others, but I have never seen any hard facts to support that. It's just a hunch on my part. AND I think that people who don't wear helmets/seatbelts are kind of *******s because they are putting their own minor physical discomfort ahead of their families' livelihood and feelings. (I have a BIL who doesn't wear a seatbelt, even when his kids are in the car. That ONE fact takes my respect for him down to about a quarter of what it would be otherwise.)

But hey, if you want to inject heroin into your eyeballs, knock yourself out, dumbass. (Sorry, but look, at this point we all know that drugs are addictive. I have sympathy for the addiction and support trying to help a user get off the drugs, but not a huge amount of sympathy for that first huff/sniff/injection/smoke. It's a dumb thing to do, no matter how you look at it.)

Okay, no more hijack.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123