This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr. King RE: Under the Dome

Default Re: Mr. King RE: Under the Dome

Quote Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
    I'm really disappointed in the filthy, profanity in the book.

I hear Irvine Welsh is good this time of the year

Did you think Under The Dome was about a poor little christian girl who's been living in her own little bubble for the last 35 years?

Quote Originally Posted by champ1966 View Post
    I hear Irvine Welsh is good this time of the year
    Ayuh, Irvine Welsh would never utter profanities!

Quote Originally Posted by champ1966 View Post
    Did you think Under The Dome was about a poor little christian girl who's been living in her own little bubble for the last 35 years?
    I could really do without the sarcastic remarks but, hey, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    Actually, I think you will find people don't care what your religious beliefs are, YOU are the one who made that an issue in your original post, by speaking about Christianity and SK taking your Lord's name in vain. You could have made your opinions about profanity perfectly clear without resorting to the "offended Christian" argument. That is sooo stereotypical and a wee bit predictable, think of something new already!

Ooh, and before you think I'm accusing you of being funny or weird, I'm not, and am actually a Catholic myself with a strong belief in God. I just don't feel the need to use that when trying to justify my arguments or point of view. You've already been told what to expect if you continue reading SK's books, if you choose to continue then I suggest you do so with an open mind. If that's not possible then please don't waste your time. Enjoy.
    Whatever you say.

I could really do without the sarcastic remarks but, hey, whatever.
    I was going to jump to your defense vickilynn, but I see you have done a good job of it already.

In addition, I think you have a done a nice job of explaining yourself after your first somewhat negative post. The fact that you have stuck around, proven you are not just a "troll" (as others may have thought) and are willing to read other SK books makes me respect you and your opinions. Glad to have you on the board!

Whatever you say.
    ...Is right??

Please, finish your sentence so it makes sense otherwise I will feel like I've just offended a stroppy teenager.

Quote Originally Posted by carrie's younger brother View Post
    I was going to jump to your defense vickilynn, but I see you have done a good job of it already.

In addition, I think you have a done a nice job of explaining yourself after your first somewhat negative post. The fact that you have stuck around, proven you are not just a "troll" (as others may have thought) and are willing to read other SK books makes me respect you and your opinions. Glad to have you on the board!
    What I really wanted to do to start with was email Mr. King but since I couldn't find anywhere where you could do that I found this message board and it was said that Mr. King sometimes read some of the posts so this was the closest I could get. I'm sorry if people don't like my opinions on something I've read. I just happen to think that a good story can be told without excessive profanity. Hey, that's just me. I think too much of it distracts from the plot/storyline. In my case, a negative distraction. I just wanted to let Mr. King know even though I'm sure the opinion of one person isn't going to influence how he chooses to write. I haven't decided not to read any other King books. I've always been interested in mystery, sci-fi, scary stuff and still am to a certain extent. It's not the only stuff I like to read. Anyway, thanks for the words of encouragement.

Steve doesn't have a public email address so posting here was your best way of getting in touch. Although I don't personally agree with it, I understand your position, and it wouldn't be the first nor will it be the last time that someone has expressed a similar opinion. It won't change the way he writes, though. I hope that, as others have suggested, you may be able to read other stories of his and get past your distraction with the profanity so that you can enjoy the real substance of the story. His books are so much more than vulgar language.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    ...Is right??

Please, finish your sentence so it makes sense otherwise I will feel like I've just offended a stroppy teenager.
    No offense but if I want to bring up my "religous" beliefs, I will, if there's no rule against it or the if it's ok with the mods. I don't leave them at the church when I walk out the door. And I've already gotten the message about Mr. King's books, thanks. So please back off already. I'm trying to be nice.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast