Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
What TV are you tuned into currently? - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What TV are you tuned into currently?

Default Re: What TV are you tuned into currently?

I caught up on Haven over the weekend, it keeps picking up. Should be interesting next season. I also just finished my second show of Continuum, good so far.

On TV I am currently re-watching Charmed, I just love this show so much that I am ready to watch it again and again.

Just started The Following. Did anyone else check it out? I thought it was pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    Just started The Following. Did anyone else check it out? I thought it was pretty good.
    We watched it and will probably watch again to see how it goes. At least they're airing all 14 episodes without a break--that gets so annoying when they put those long breaks in between to the point that you almost forget what the show was about.

I’m giving "Continuum" a chance. Interesting premise. The premier was better then the second of the series (only 2 shows aired so far). Hope they don’t take it the way so many other shows go... and fail, by overdeveloping the characters and their relationships, and disregarding what made the show popular in the first place.

(I took notice though... they got a lot of guns up there in Canada. )

Missed part on original show date, but it will repeat Friday at 9PM. Woo Hoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    We watched it and will probably watch again to see how it goes. At least they're airing all 14 episodes without a break--that gets so annoying when they put those long breaks in between to the point that you almost forget what the show was about.
    I could seriously hurt the inventor of the "midseason break."

Well, Downton Abbey, for starters. If you want a good funny, try this: http://www.happyplace.com/20538/down...on-3-episode-2 -Just be warned there are spoilers in it if you haven't seen this particular episode (Season Three, Episode 2).

I also just saw Anthony Bourdain's new cooking contest show - The Taste. It's not as good as I'd hoped it would be but I'm giving it the Three Strikes rule.

Am anxiously awaiting the return of both Grimm and The Amazing Race.

Call the Midwife and Nashville are also faves.
    I watch half an hour or so of Chuck Todd in the morning or Rachel Maddow in the evening on random days, but I always try to watch Washington Week in Review - I dig Gwen Ifill et al.

And the stray episode of Big Bang Theory is also occasionally caught.

I just started watching the 3rd season of Justified on blu ray. Excellent show. Anyone else a fan?

I could seriously hurt the inventor of the "midseason break."

This is but one of the reasons I can no longer stand to watch tv on tv. Between incessant commercials, ad blurbs for other shows flashing across the screen and weeks long breaks in the middle of a season it's just too distracting. I choose to wait until a dvd release so I can enjoy the show in peace. Seems like I remember when I was a kid a tv season of 22 episodes would run Sept. thru May with a few re-runs scattered during the course of a season. Now some 22 episode shows take a 7 week mid-season break. Wtf?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast