This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What TV are you tuned into currently?

Default Re: What TV are you tuned into currently?

What's riding my televisual currents lately are rewatches of Smallville. Watching with a friend and his daughter, but if I wait too long between visits she runs out, gets the season/ next season and finishes/ starts watching it without me....

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

I found an interesting show on netflix streaming. It's called Locked Up Abroad, It;s a National Geographic show and there are 3 seasons of episodes on netflix. This show is about people who have been jailed or kidnapped in various countries around the world. The show consists of an interview with the people who were locked up and video reenactments of the events. Many of the arrested were people who stupidly agreed to be smuggling mules and got caught. Some are people on the show were vacationing and got kidnapped by rebels. One of the episodes I saw was about tourists in Uganda who were kidnapped by Congo rebels in the late 90s. Interesting and scary stuff. I know I don't ever want to go to jail in Caracas! There was an episode where a couple of college aged British guys got thrown in jail in Caracas. The prison they were showing basically had guards to keep people from getting in or out and none inside. The inmates had guns and knives. It was a wild place.

I just started watching "Falling Skies" via Amazon Instant Video. Just watched the first episode. Looks decent.

I've been following it. I look forward to each episode.

I enjoy watching this alot.

Eh.. I'm going to get made fun of for saying this, but I watch shows on MTV like Awkward. I used to watch American Horror Story, but the second season did not get me hooked whatsoever. I plan on watching the new show based on Psycho called Bates Motel, which will be on A&E this month. They're also making a show on CBS based on Stephen King's novel called, "Under the Dome", which will air sometime this Summer. I'm looking forward to those shows.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

I saw an episode of "Locked Up Abroad" that was about Billy Hayes (Midnight Express). Billy Hayes was on and he told his true version of the story. The movie was reasonably accurate but there were some differences and he added some details. It was very interesting.

I watch Two Broke Girls (I am so totally the dark haired girl!!), Two and 1/2 men, Modern Family, The Middle, will watch Doc Martin when I'm flipping channels and come across it, Antique Road Show (love to see the folks faces when they find out gramma's old piece of china is worth trillions!!!), This Old House, Ask This Old House. As you can see, there are no continueing story line shows, cooking shows or (un)'reality' shows on the list. As most of you have said- I hate being involved in a show only to see two episodes and then it's 'break' time for a couple of weeks, then another new show, then break time again. Ridiculous!! The last time I got involved in a series was for 'Twin Peaks' and that was cancelled. Since then it was only 'Lost' that I got sucked into. Nothing after that on the drama side of things. Just don't trust the networks anymore, seems like they just cancel a show after three episodes if they don't get mega ratings.

At the moment I'm watching an old James Bond film, Goldfinger while waiting on the Tennessee Auburn basketball game to come on. Shows I have started watching recently (other than my random documentaries I pick out) are Continuum, Haven, Elementary, Grimm, Being Human, Big Bang Theory, Zero Hour, and in the last few weeks, The Walking Dead (watched the first 2 seasons in a couple of weekends).

Quote Originally Posted by tenngolfer View Post
    At the moment I'm watching an old James Bond film, Goldfinger while waiting on the Tennessee Auburn basketball game to come on. Shows I have started watching recently (other than my random documentaries I pick out) are Continuum, Haven, Elementary, Grimm, Being Human, Big Bang Theory, Zero Hour, and in the last few weeks, The Walking Dead (watched the first 2 seasons in a couple of weekends).
    Elementary is really enjoyable. Did you know they canceled ZERO HOUR?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast