Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Accomplishment you're most proud of... - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Accomplishment you're most proud of...

Default Re: Accomplishment you're most proud of...

Um. My husband just informed me that we've been married 41 years, not 40... Maybe one of the reasons we've stayed married so long is that my memory is terrible and I also forget the bad stuff that happened.

This is a good thread ff. Thanks for getting us to take a minute and reflect on our lives. Big or small, the things we are proud of are important and we should be proud of ourselves. I think we spend a lot of time beating ourselves up and everyone deserves a pat on the back now and then.

I'm proudest of my marriage. My wife and I will be married 27 years in May. We've weathered our share of storms ( death of a child, meddling parents, triple bypass surgery, just to name a few) but we have faced all these things as a team and pulled each other through them. I think we love each other more each day and that all the hard work that's went into our life together has been well worth the end result.

My relationship with my husband for 18 years.
    Since we live in NJ, at first we only "qualified" for domestic partnership. Then we were "elevated" to a civil union. This past December we were legally married in NYC. I am very proud to think of how far we have come as a gay couple. In the 18 years we have been together, I have seen straight couples in my family divorce and remarry, but we have stayed together through thick and thin. My straight brother has been married a total of 4 times, 3 of those marriages during the 18 years my husband and I have been together.

The intellectual abilities I've acquired over my lifetime. My parents were born and raised in rural Appalachia. They were wonderful, loving people but they barely made it through high school and both had some real learning disabilities. The only thing my mother ever read was "The National Enquirer", and my dad the newspaper. On my own, while growing up, I sought out the classics, studied history, and became a civil war buff. Better late than never, I graduated summa cum laude from college at age thirty-seven.

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Just maybe I do, and maybe I don't, however I probably should do my due diligence researchin' on various state statutes of limitation before I share my thoughts, even in incognito even...yeah, and while we're at it why not federal just for the hell of it.
    Hmm, and my flower beds, but only 'cause we looooves Mama to have her some fresh flwers...well see, then I gets ice creams.

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    This is a hard one for me, as I've not done anything really noteworthy. My failures tend to come in all sizes, but my victories have been incremental. If I had to pick one thing, it would be my marriage of 13 years, specifically the extent to which I've been able to learn to need another person. I hope that makes sense; I'm not sure I can explain it better.
    How come I can think of some for you?

- Being incredibly helpful and supportive to your family
    - Sugar bowls
    - Not killing annoying people you have to deal with at work
    - All of your animals
    - A bajillion cupcakes (though I think that also goes with number one)

Quote Originally Posted by carrie's younger brother View Post
    My relationship with my husband for 18 years.
    Since we live in NJ, at first we only "qualified" for domestic partnership. Then we were "elevated" to a civil union. This past December we were legally married in NYC. I am very proud to think of how far we have come as a gay couple. In the 18 years we have been together, I have seen straight couples in my family divorce and remarry, but we have stayed together through thick and thin. My straight brother has been married a total of 4 times, 3 of those marriages during the 18 years my husband and I have been together.
    This made me cry. Seriously.

All of these relationship stories are. You people are awesome.

I think my biggest accomplishment. I share with my sister. I never graduated high school until I had my 3 children. My husband at the time was against my education. So i walked across town ,all 3 children with me. I worked child care there so my children got child care while I was taking classes. High school diaploma from Adult education.
    Then decided to attend college. Husband said its college or me. LOL I attend college ,worked at the college and supported me and the kids. I graduated college at the sametime as my oldest sister. We took the same stage and both did this with honors. So it was very special to me.

I moved to Ireland 22 years ago. I feel I have made a success of my life as I moved without any friends, besides my wonderful hubby. Now i have a few really good friends and a lot of very good acquaintances. I have a job I love. My marriage has gone through some very big bumps and we came through together. Our son is happy and healthy. I can read upside down and backwards.

My greatest accomplishment in my 19 years is getting into college. No one on my dad's side of the family had ever even started college. All of them have/had been successful, but not with a college education. My father passed away when I was 14 and the hard work he instilled in me is what drove me to work hard and make it through college. I've got a ways to go, but in about 3 years I'll graduate with a degree in Economics and Mathematics.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast