This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 62

Thread: Accomplishment you're most proud of...

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,926

    Default Re: Accomplishment you're most proud of...

    Wow, what great responses we've gotten so far on this thread! Thank you all for sharing, this is great. I guess I'm pretty proud I started this thread too!

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Riding shotgun in the Millenium Falcon
    Posts
    2,674

    Default Re: Accomplishment you're most proud of...

    Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...my family...then my long career in broadcasting, followed by getting my nursing degree in my 40's....and that I can shove 4 giant chocolate chip cookies in me mouth at once...
    along with GNTL ... I too am very proud of two wonderful sons in college .... getting MY nursing degree in my 40's .... and while I can't put 4 giant chocolate chip cookies in my mouth ....

    I can swallow a banana whole AND tie a knot in a cherry stem with my tongue ...
    not at the same time of course ....

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Standing behind you
    Posts
    1,206

    Default Re: Accomplishment you're most proud of...

    I can vouch for Aggie's talents.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,709

    Default Re: Accomplishment you're most proud of...

    When I passed the motorcycle test. I was training so long and so hard that I was really proud when I
    finally pass the test and could start to drive. Even the guy who teach me to drive said that, he knew I wanted
    the license cause I just continue even if I failure most of the time. But now the license is mind and I am proud that I don't give up.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    281

    Default Re: Accomplishment you're most proud of...

    I'm not particularly proud of anything. I've gotten an Associate's Degree, but it wasn't the Bachelor's degree I expected to have. I've mostly managed not being an alcoholic the last few years which is good. I've also managed to live a pretty crime free life and try my best not to be much of a bother. I've also been unemployed for 8 months or so now which is making me really itchy.

    I suppose the biggest accomplishment is my marriage; we've been married 3 whole months! I love my husband dearly, and he and I are a good match. Even though I'm absolutely insane.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,847

    Default Re: Accomplishment you're most proud of...

    Quote Originally Posted by atomicinchworm View Post
    I'm not particularly proud of anything. I've gotten an Associate's Degree, but it wasn't the Bachelor's degree I expected to have. I've mostly managed not being an alcoholic the last few years which is good. I've also managed to live a pretty crime free life and try my best not to be much of a bother. I've also been unemployed for 8 months or so now which is making me really itchy.

    I suppose the biggest accomplishment is my marriage; we've been married 3 whole months! I love my husband dearly, and he and I are a good match. Even though I'm absolutely insane.
    Yeah, he's totally normal. <snort>

    I am actually gonna rat you out on this one, because I have *watched* your biggest accomplishment. Since you came to live here to go to school, you've made some really big, positive changes, and it might not seem like it, but you have done some things that a lot of people never, ever manage to. You have figured out that you can strongly disagree with someone on core issues and still cherish that person dearly, you have recognized that you were headed down a path that was not a good match and changed direction, and you have become much more responsible in practical matters. Basically, in a very short span of time, you grew up. It was pretty awesome to watch.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Freemansburg PA, sort of near Philadelphia
    Posts
    94

    Default Re: Accomplishment you're most proud of...

    I have worked with children with Autism since I got out of college (about ten years ago). After a few years, a coworker of mine (who actually has a daughter with Autism) wanted to start a social skills group for kids with Autism, and asked me to run the group. That was about 6 years ago, and now (this is in addition to my full-time job, of which I am also proud) I run 4 groups a week and have seen so much progress. I take every opportunity I get to thank my friend for giving me the chance to begin such a positive experience in my life, and I am so proud of how far we've come and how many lives that we've touched!

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    281

    Default Re: Accomplishment you're most proud of...

    Aww, shucks.

    Jason is a weirdo, but he's pretty even keeled. :P

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,926

    Default Re: Accomplishment you're most proud of...

    Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    I am actually gonna rat you out on this one, because I have *watched* your biggest accomplishment.
    You rock, Todash! People like you make this message board special.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    4,351

    Default Re: Accomplishment you're most proud of...

    Quote Originally Posted by Agincourt Concierge View Post
    along with GNTL ... I too am very proud of two wonderful sons in college .... getting MY nursing degree in my 40's .... and while I can't put 4 giant chocolate chip cookies in my mouth ....

    I can swallow a banana whole AND tie a knot in a cherry stem with my tongue ...
    not at the same time of course ....
    TMI!!!!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •