This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Accomplishment you're most proud of...

Default Re: Accomplishment you're most proud of...

Wow, what great responses we've gotten so far on this thread! Thank you all for sharing, this is great. I guess I'm pretty proud I started this thread too!

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...my family...then my long career in broadcasting, followed by getting my nursing degree in my 40's....and that I can shove 4 giant chocolate chip cookies in me mouth at once...
    along with GNTL ... I too am very proud of two wonderful sons in college .... getting MY nursing degree in my 40's .... and while I can't put 4 giant chocolate chip cookies in my mouth ....

I can swallow a banana whole AND tie a knot in a cherry stem with my tongue ...
    not at the same time of course ....

I can vouch for Aggie's talents.

When I passed the motorcycle test. I was training so long and so hard that I was really proud when I
    finally pass the test and could start to drive. Even the guy who teach me to drive said that, he knew I wanted
    the license cause I just continue even if I failure most of the time. But now the license is mind and I am proud that I don't give up.

I'm not particularly proud of anything. I've gotten an Associate's Degree, but it wasn't the Bachelor's degree I expected to have. I've mostly managed not being an alcoholic the last few years which is good. I've also managed to live a pretty crime free life and try my best not to be much of a bother. I've also been unemployed for 8 months or so now which is making me really itchy.

I suppose the biggest accomplishment is my marriage; we've been married 3 whole months! I love my husband dearly, and he and I are a good match. Even though I'm absolutely insane.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicinchworm View Post
    I'm not particularly proud of anything. I've gotten an Associate's Degree, but it wasn't the Bachelor's degree I expected to have. I've mostly managed not being an alcoholic the last few years which is good. I've also managed to live a pretty crime free life and try my best not to be much of a bother. I've also been unemployed for 8 months or so now which is making me really itchy.

I suppose the biggest accomplishment is my marriage; we've been married 3 whole months! I love my husband dearly, and he and I are a good match. Even though I'm absolutely insane.
    Yeah, he's totally normal. <snort>

I am actually gonna rat you out on this one, because I have *watched* your biggest accomplishment. Since you came to live here to go to school, you've made some really big, positive changes, and it might not seem like it, but you have done some things that a lot of people never, ever manage to. You have figured out that you can strongly disagree with someone on core issues and still cherish that person dearly, you have recognized that you were headed down a path that was not a good match and changed direction, and you have become much more responsible in practical matters. Basically, in a very short span of time, you grew up. It was pretty awesome to watch.

Freemansburg PA, sort of near Philadelphia

I have worked with children with Autism since I got out of college (about ten years ago). After a few years, a coworker of mine (who actually has a daughter with Autism) wanted to start a social skills group for kids with Autism, and asked me to run the group. That was about 6 years ago, and now (this is in addition to my full-time job, of which I am also proud) I run 4 groups a week and have seen so much progress. I take every opportunity I get to thank my friend for giving me the chance to begin such a positive experience in my life, and I am so proud of how far we've come and how many lives that we've touched!

Aww, shucks.

Jason is a weirdo, but he's pretty even keeled. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    I am actually gonna rat you out on this one, because I have *watched* your biggest accomplishment.
    You rock, Todash! People like you make this message board special.

Quote Originally Posted by Agincourt Concierge View Post
    along with GNTL ... I too am very proud of two wonderful sons in college .... getting MY nursing degree in my 40's .... and while I can't put 4 giant chocolate chip cookies in my mouth ....

I can swallow a banana whole AND tie a knot in a cherry stem with my tongue ...
    not at the same time of course ....
    TMI!!!!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast