This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Accomplishment you're most proud of...

Default Re: Accomplishment you're most proud of...

Quote Originally Posted by JRLauer View Post
    I can vouch for Aggie's talents.
    ...ok....like I said to Frank the other day...now both of youse is just showin' off!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post
    You rock, Todash! People like you make this message board special.
    Wow. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by staropeace View Post
    Having worked with the homeless as a street-level worker and as a supervisor. Volunteering time to cook in the soup kitchens.

Quess what? I just came home from work. After having bloody cancer surgery for the past four years, I finally had a clean bill before CHristmas. I am not doing the salad and pastry buffets from TravelLodge here in Edmonton.............yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! I am back in da saddle again.
    Cancer surgery for four years! Holy cow - you are a trooper! Congratulations on being finally free of it StaroPeace!

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    How come I can think of some for you?

- Being incredibly helpful and supportive to your family
    - Sugar bowls
    - Not killing annoying people you have to deal with at work
    - All of your animals
    - A bajillion cupcakes (though I think that also goes with number one)
    Further to Shasta's comments you have helped me with a difficult computer question in the past so don't forget your accomplishments as an "uber nerd" or computer literaty (I think I just made that word up!)

Quote Originally Posted by atomicinchworm View Post
    I'm not particularly proud of anything. I've gotten an Associate's Degree, but it wasn't the Bachelor's degree I expected to have. I've mostly managed not being an alcoholic the last few years which is good. I've also managed to live a pretty crime free life and try my best not to be much of a bother. I've also been unemployed for 8 months or so now which is making me really itchy.

I suppose the biggest accomplishment is my marriage; we've been married 3 whole months! I love my husband dearly, and he and I are a good match. Even though I'm absolutely insane.
    Congratulations newlyweds! Let's hope the honeymoon is never over!

In 2002 on the occasion of the fiftieth Anniversary of the accession of HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN to the Throne the Golden Jubilee Medal was presented to I am still not sure why but the blurb that came with it said something about service to my community or something similar. It surprised the heck out of me!
    p.s. that stuff up top was typed directly from the certificate that came with it. Guess they just picked my name out of a hat

Quote Originally Posted by Neesy View Post
    In 2002 on the occasion of the fiftieth Anniversary of the accession of HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN to the Throne the Golden Jubilee Medal was presented to I am still not sure why but the blurb that came with it said something about service to my community or something similar. It surprised the heck out of me!
    p.s. that stuff up top was typed directly from the certificate that came with it. Guess they just picked my name out of a hat
    ...Outstanding!!!...

Quote Originally Posted by Neesy View Post
    According to Wikipedia, this is why they chose you!!!

In Canada, the medal was administered by the Chancellery of Honours at Rideau Hall and was awarded to Canadians who made a significant contribution to their fellow citizens, their community, or to Canada over the previous fifty years.[3] Various organizations were invited to propose the names of candidates for the medal; this included all levels of Canadian government, educational and cultural organizations, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, veterans' groups, sports associations, and philanthropic and charitable bodies

I'm proud of me.

Wonderful thread, FF! Thank you!

Great accomplishments, everyone! Yay!

My greatest accomplishment is raising a grand son. And having all my family (including my terrific in-laws) around us supporting and loving us.

Peace.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast